A Pic A Day

poledark

OK ........... I've missed this thread till now and have so far only looked at the last page (p17). There are some great pictures here, but how about including the camera, lens and exposure details too.

Well I just went to page 1 and lost of the images are not showing. Is it something to do with the migration to the new forum software. It is just showing me the valid forum code. I can't even demonstrate in this pots, because the picture appears here!!??

I'm not having any problems seeing the pictures on page 1 and so on. I'll send an email to Newt to respond to you on that.

I agree about sharing the info about the camera, etc. I am in awe of the pictures Steve Randles posts and would like to know what he is using.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've edited my last post and replaced the picture with one I have run a script on, this shows the camera data or "exif" data. If its acceptable I will continue to do as such.

Jan V: Thanks for your kind comments but I'm really just a keen amateur. I post daily because I know a lot of professional photographers also use Angler Net, and I would like to see them post their pics too. :)

So come on you pro's, show us how its really done...please..:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I've edited my last post and replaced the picture with one I have run a script on, this shows the camera data or "exif" data. If its acceptable I will continue to do as such.

Thanks, Steve. Just one request. Please don't put the info on the actual picture. I have to admit to "swiping" some of your pics and using them as wallpaper. Hope you don't mind.

There are a few pictures on here that are linked from photobucket and I can't see them either. I'm at work so can't be sure if it is a restriction by photobucket against this sort of linking (uses some of their bandwidth and doesn't give them any credit) or if it's the firewall at work.

If you right-click on the box for any pics that don't show and then click for properties, it will show you the URL of the picture site being used.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks, Steve. Just one request. Please don't put the info on the actual picture. I have to admit to "swiping" some of your pics and using them as wallpaper. Hope you don't mind.

I dont mind at all, if anyone wants a desktop wallpaper of any of the shots I have posted then a comment here or a pm and I will always make one. A properly sized wallpaper will look better anyway. :)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I use an exif viewer to get the all the details from the pics but Mr Randles pics cannot be read.

Naughty man Mr Randles.

How about a second camera Steve;)

John

Actually it can be, it depends on which of the exif viewers you are using, so I guess if your truly satisfied with using a second rate low performance tools...you'll get a second rate low performance result.. :D:D:P

Google for Exif farm, 0221 is I think the version No, alternatively any good image manipulation software will show the exif info.

Which exif viewer are you using John?

Focal Planet

Reflected Butter, Buttermere Lake, Cumbria.

Beautiful, Steve! I love pictures that reflect scenery in water. If you're an amateur, maybe the pros aren't posting because of the competition you provide?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: