Ever been driven at 109mph?

Emz

April Fools... Normally you would get the blur more to the sides at a speed like that now that I think about it. Nice one! What made you settle on 109mph though?

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emz,

Go for your advanced, it does make a difference and you will be shocked at the faults you've picked up even after just a year.

Um, even at 80 on a road like that is 20 above the limit, and how many can see the hazard in that picture?

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Jeff S:

April Fools...  Normally you would get the blur more to the sides at a speed like that now that I think about it.  Nice one!  What made you settle on 109mph though?

Well, that was the best speedometer picture that I found on google

Jeff S:

Emz,

Go for your advanced, it does make a difference and you will be shocked at the faults you've picked up even after just a year.

Um, even at 80 on a road like that is 20 above the limit, and how many can see the hazard in that picture?

No, no, the most he done was 80 mph, and that was on the motoway. On that particular road, he did between 30 - 50 mph because visibillity was greatly reduced etc.

Yep, definitely doing the advanced driving and even some skid pan courses. My mother was nearly killed by a nutter, since then, be determined to make myself a safer driver to the best of my capabillitys :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Scotty T:

The driveway on the right with the white gate?

Do I win a prize???

Scotty

Well, theres more than people coming out of gates that you have got to look out for on a country road like that

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Yup, the white gates, sorry no prizes (might get you a pint if we ever meet up though :) ).

Skid pan training is good, I taught it a while back but the pan isn't there anymore.

If you join your local group they might have days out where you get to go on one.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Doesnt the speedo have KPH on it anyway?? But 109 is actually the fastest i've ever driven, don't think my little renault clio could go any more!! I got scared though and slowed down pretty quick!! Another thing for you new drivers to think about (including me as i've only been driving 6months) is that if you get 6 points in your first 2 years then you lose your license...not sure whether they've already employed it...but if u get caught doing 45mph in a 30....its a straight 6 point and a 100pound fine!!! Lose your license, just like that!!

Guest Ferret1959

Well high speeds,cars and public highway do NOT mix. :rolleyes:

I was traveling South on the M6 today just before Corley services.

I was doing 70 in lane 3.

A hatch back car was doing 70 maybe more in lane 3 North bound.

He hit the centre barrier, how I don't know but I saw the whole lot from appox 6 feet away and at a closing speed in the regeion of 150 MPH.

He survived according to the police but his car was a total right off.

The motor I was in had a HOLE put in the windscreen 5 seperate breaks,broken head light, broken o/s indicator,smashed grill dents the size of a mans fist in several places on the bonnet and 2 dents in the drivers door. :mad:

And I was on the opposite side of the motorway. :rolleyes:

The debris he chucked up on impact with the barrier hit the front of motor.

To be honest I am lucky to be here. :)

And if you think 109mph is quick I have driven my old Chevy Camaro 5.7 at just over 150mph, I would have to say stopping that in a hurry would be very difficult.