Hunting Ban

kleinboet

kleinboet:

Jim Roper got it right when he said the old order is going.

Don't attribute any of that to me!

That was a Labour MP said all that.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad theyve banned hunting as its not fair on the fox and also the dogs that they keep. If they want to kill a fox shoot it not use dogs to kill it. im glad they have banned it under the guise of animal welfare.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

err dont you read hunting is alive and well :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters - I have just come back from Southampton. I always thought that the pro-hunt lobby were better than what I saw on the way back.

EVERY turn-off sign on the motor way either had "NO BAN" or "F**K OFF BLAIR" spray painted on them. It would appear that they are yobs or they have the yobs working for them. If I were the government I would send all these loudmouth "we will break this UNJUST law" a bill for cleaning the signs!

As to the postings about a fox not being in distress after escaping the hounds, isn't it funny that we have multiple postings from the 'pro's' saying it isn't so and not a word from the anti's - and after the pro's changing their story so often, I know who's word I'll trust!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

theve played clean to now and left the dirty work to the anti's ,if it were angling wouldnt some of us get annoyed.

ive seen with my own eyes foxes after the hounds were called off carrying on exactly as they were before ,you are putting human emotions into an animal ,they run because their chased ,they havent a clue what will happen if their caught its flee or fight ,if they dont know what will happen if their caught then they wont know what they just go away with ,they keep an eye on the hounds but they certainly dont keep running away once their not being chased but do exactly what they were doing before either hunting drinking or shagging ,for a fox thats life they dont go to the pub and tell their friends " your not gonna believe what happened to me today" :rolleyes:

as foxes are a bit more clever than voles they may be stimulated by sound ,those horns may tell the fox to associate the sound with being chased (as a dog with the opening of a tin) if they get away a couple of times i suspect (though cannot prove it) the sound of the horn may make the fox a darn sight more wary this results ofcourse in an even less chance it may be caught ,with shooting ofcourse the fox dies not knowing how and if wounded and survives it still wouldnt know so learns nothing

i'n not to sure what people are after :confused: is it anti hunting or anti fox :confused:

if its anti fox full stop then ban hunting itl mean the foxes will all be shot end of story ,if its fox welfare keep hunting it saves the foxes on the hunts estates being shot albeit a few sacrificing themselves for the benefit of their fellows :confused:

[ 20. February 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

As I understand it the majority of a foxes diet is earthworms.

Anyone who has lived in the country knows that they do not kill sheep and Chester is correct a fox is no match for a ewe with a lamb, electric fences protect chickens fairly well, so what is actually in danger from dear old foxy.

Could it be the pheasant being raised for the shooting season?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

We have foxes in our garden, we also have chickens, non of which we have lost to the fox. A neighbour has lost a decrepit old moggy and my wife has lost a shoe!

By and large, apart from watching them have a dust bath under some firs we would otherwise probably not know that they are close neighbours.

Guest Ferret1959

Seen on a news programe tonight that 'fox hunting' is still live and kicking and the hunt is sticking to the new laws.

Seems like a lot of hoo haaa about nothing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ken Davison South Wales:

As I understand it the majority of a foxes diet is earthworms.

Aren't you thinking of badgers?

We only had to leave to door of the hen-house open for a night to get a visit from charlie.

It seems to take for ages for a fox to chew through the neck of a goose when you are in bed listening. Probably only a minutes or so though, a lot longer than it takes a hound to kill a fox!

Foxes are nothing but rural thieves and if it were left to the likes of me, there wouldn't be many left. Perhaps our(the sort of men who shoot foxes) time has come!

I have never believed hunting foxes was an efficient way of getting rid of them. Snares are much more cost effective! Shooting them is very time consuming.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net