Childhood secrets !

Snatcher

Threw a stone at a noisy starling (I was about 8) missed it by millimetres but the stone carried on over the laurel hedge, bounced on the garage roof and hit a car windscreen, parked outside the garage, needless to say the screen broke and I ran!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Not really a secret but a funny story all the same, i was around 12-13 and we lived in the country and my dads mate who lived in the town was going on holiday so he asked if he could leave his car atours for safe keeping. Any way we had a few sheep lambing at the time and me and my dad would go and check on them by driving up the single track country road each night and as usual i would get to drive round the feild and then home on this occasion we met some neighbours so my dad decided to jump out and let me park the truck on my own which i dually did and then walked the 15 yards or so to join them. Everything was fine for a 5-10 minutes until we heard the noise of a car moving slowly over gravel yet gaining speed, we all turned around to see the truck i had just parked rolling backwards at some speed by now, crash right into the side of my dads mates car hitting it right downn the door piller and writting it off. Needles to say i ran and hid for a few hours until my dad had calmed down and ive never left a handbrake off again ever!! A lot of sorrys and hardwork for my dads mate later and i was forgiven.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

thurso angler:

Not really a secret but a funny story all the same, i was around 12-13 and we lived in the country

erm and what you live in the city now Thurso :D:D:D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Myself and a mate set fire to a cornfield after the farmer chased us from his orchard with a barbed wire whip...loadsa smoke.(age 10)

Broke into the 3rd floor of a textile factory, had a great time until we figured out how to start the forklift, drove it through everything and into a concrete pillar, scared the sh*t out of us.(age 14)

Got nabbed by MP's after several visits to a scrap yard, wasn't stealing, just loved starting up the rather large guillotine and chopping everything up to little pieces...got roasted by the old man for that one.(age 14)

Phew thanks Spodrokit, thought I was the only arsonist

I remember another time age 6 when the neighbour down the street annoyed so picked up a sharp stone and "keyed" his car......only trouble was he was a copper, what a rollocking my Dad gave me for that one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

My my we have got some dubious folk on this forum

Have I opened Pandoras box in error

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Me and my mate Alex found a block and tackle, dont know quite how but it ended up connected to the wall of his outside toilet, the other end firmly anchored to a tree. I lived in Salford at the time in back to back slums. Well we pulled and pulled and eventually the wall came down followed by the roof of finest Welsh slate. Completely demolished the toilet, that toilet had stood since Victoria was a lass so we ended u black as the ace of spades. What to do now, panic, our parents in work so we had breathing time to come up with a story. Later that afternoon Concord went through the sound barrier over Manchester and we heard the first sonic boom. Didn't know what it was but said there was a really big bang, Devine intervention or what?

You guessed it, me and Alec blamed it on the boom and stuck to it. The house insurance paid out and they got the first indoor toilet on our street. We both stuck to that story until 20 odd years later.

Then there was the time I blew the windows out of our house. Demolished the cellar wall with a home made cannon ball. Put my Mum in hospital with Alcholic poisoning, dissolved the Headmasters study, made Nitro Glycerine (good fun that stuff)Blew the tyres out on my Dads car (not with the nitro) ..................

Brought a smile to me just remembering all these and a few more. :D demon demon :D

made some home made charcoal when i was about 10.

built a big fire & then almost buried it to get a slow burn. came out in the morning & uncovered some marvelous lumps of apparently finished charcoal & put them in a bucket in the conservatory. only trouble was, the bucket was plastic.

2 fire engines before school was an interesting start to the day.

the other time, i was looking for something in the shed with a candle, i didnt notice but an ember must have fallen onto mums ceaning supplies.... hell of a blaze. :o