one month to go

Peter M

i did know, but thanks anyway. Thanks for the website. I am 19 but have only been fishing for about 2years so i lack when i comes to experience. Any other tips which may help me?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only relatively new myself mate, did some fishing on and off since I was a teenager but very rarely then, only been more serious in the last 2 years or so myself.

James

oh rite, i have been on and off i suppose, it just seems like i get all hyped up before a fishing trip and then, keep getting snagged up and then end up saying to myself "i am never putting myself through this again" But i do, only cauz i really want to catch something over 5lb, you may think that 5lb isn't that big, but for the fisheres that i fish i have never seen that many people catch fish over 5lb. I am planning to go at the weekend, i hope to put some of thiese tips into good use!!

Im going to try my hand at stick float fishing on the river ouse at st.neots.

Theres a lovely named place just before the town bridge called "Treasure Island" that looks a great place to fish.

Just hope its not too busy!!

WTV

Clax, you will find no one here snears at the size of fish you catch. I enjoy catching fish whether it's a minnow or a catfish (not that i've caught a catfish yet).

We all have bad days where you can't do anything right, I seem to have them everytime I fish my club's waters, yet if I go to a commercial I do really well.

[ 18. May 2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: j_s ]

James

i like river fishing best, preferably a nice open swim, with no trees overhead to get caught up in, a nice flat piece of ground/grass where ai can put my box down, then i'm away, anything to get snagge on, i'm snagged on it!!!

ricey:

Peter M, where abouts on the Essex Blackwater are you thinking of going to? I was thinking of trying a few areas at Kelvedon.

I am going to fish a streach of Chelmsford Angling Association water near Braxted. where i really want to fish is on the upper blackwater where it becomes the pant but billericay angling seem to run all the fishing up there. unless you know any different.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

quote:

a nice flat piece of ground/grass where ai can put my box down, then i'm away, anything to get snagged on, i'm snagged on it!!!
heh.. now that sounds familiar mate!

Im hoping my snags will "disappear" in time!

I went fishing the other day for 11 hours, i must have actually "fished" for about 6 of them, the rest of the time, sorting out problems with all my equipment!!

WTV

The purpose of injecting worms is not to make them wriggle more, it makes them pop off the bottom and then can be seen. Can be deadly for Perch. As j_s said always inject on a firm surface, not in the palm of your hand.

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish