Queen camilla

captain cojones

Corydoras

Thanks for that. No its not the one I was thinking of. I have done a quick bit of research and she is Mette-Marit Tjessem Hoiby who married the CrownPrice of Norway.

I wouldnt mind betting that if Cammilla looked like your princess or Ms Hoiby she might be a little better recieved by the general public.

[ 22. March 2005, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: A Worm On One End........ ]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WAWE = I will accept a hereditary Monarchy if that same monarchy would play by their own rules!

Edward HAD to abdicate, Charles HAS to abdicate for the same reasons. For goodnes sake! Charles would NOT be heir to the throne if Edward did want Charles wants to do!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The problem that I have with the Charles and Camilla mariage ,is that I feel (very strongly) that they (the Royals) are treating us (their subjects) with complete contempt.

I feel quite humiliated that in this year 2005 we can be treated as if we are little more than serfs and potential cannon fodder to ensure their survival.

Once the Queen goes, then the whole lot of them should go as well, take all their wealth and build new hospitals with the money....some of them could get jobs in the NHS.

Den

[ 22. March 2005, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

hi everybody,i myself think that the british royal family is now totaly out of touch, with a large part of the british public.i think to survive long term, that the monarchy should be reformed, slimmed down,perhaps following the style of other european countries.it used to be argued that the royal family was worth the money paid out for them, as they were good for the image of the country.i wonder if that is still the case? this is a bit of an outsiders view, because although i was born in the u.k, i left it a long time ago.ihope i am not seen as poking my nose in,for that reason,best wishes dave. :)

Klienboet

Charles, I think, is playing by the usual rules Of the Monarchy. Over the Centuries how many of our Monarchs have had a less complicated private life than Charles, not many. Edward is the only case of a British monarch in over 2000 years who has stood down over such a matter. Some would also sugest that the reason Edward was forced to abdicate( not his own choice) was that he was thought unsuitable for a number of other reasons not related to Mrs Simpson.

I need to get some books out but of the top of my head I can only think of 4 British Monarchs for whom there has been no scandals.( though I am sure I will be able to find some more).

[ 22. March 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: A Worm On One End........ ]

Waoe (sorry couldn't spell in previous postings)

I am not a prude, but I am Bu**ered if I am going to stand up, bow,or kneel for yo-yo knickers!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Klienboet

We have something we can agree on. :)

But I dont really want to bow and scrape to anyone simply because of who there parents are.

[ 22. March 2005, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: A Worm On One End........ ]

all i will say is that she is so ugly his eyesight must be on the way out i meen come on man shes a BOULDER EATER

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I'm afraid I would never bow or scrape to someone just because their relli was on a stamp!

But as it stands Charles wants to marry the old nag and they should get on with it.

Just because she is an ugly old mare it doesn’t make her bad (A few folks I know, who have been in her company say she's very nice, they did not feel the same about the basket case he was married to!)

So as it stands if they marry legally (poss a bit iffy in England?) Then if she is legally his wife and should he become King she should be known as Queen.

Remember all this from someone who thinks Churchill was wrong to take all those nice guns off the menfolk returning from WW1, and have let them shoot the jerry b@astards up against the wall like the ruskies did.

But he took our granfer’s guns away and they missed their chance of a revolution! So we’ve been left with the jerry’s as our dysfunctional ‘Royal’ family & we have to make the best of a very rum lot.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Whayhey ! - I go off for a day's roach fishing, and there's a civil war going by the time I get back :D:D

(Got a few roach - best only a pound, and a four pound tench that muscled in on the maggots)

Mrs Simpson was merely an excuse to get rid of a king thought to have undesirable friends. A Worm on One End has hinted the same. I didn't raise this point, and have no wish to pursue it - the evidence is there for those with the energy to dig.

My stance is simply that a constitutional monarchy, with all its imperfections, is still much much much better that a politico spin-doctoring their way to head of state.

Kleinbot asks "do YOU (meaning me) want Camilla to be Queen ?"

(I know I'm deaf, but no need to shout on line)

Well, I don't really mind one way or the other.

I merely pointed out (pace La Simpson) that there is plenty of precedent for such an outcome.

Why are you so against Camilla Klein? - afraid that once Queen she will use the Royal Prerogative to get foxhunting reinstated ?

Now there's a thought.....

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...