At last!

Rusty

Superb, congratulations! And on the pin too, who could ask for more. Keep us informed of future sessions :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Rusty.I havent caught a barbel for a very long time.Nearest were about 50 miles from me.Your pictures have spurred me on to have a go for them this season!.Great shot of the river by the way :thumbs:.

Thank you for the kind words all, it really was a special day.

Just doing a forum search on 'Harrison'. I'm sure there's a topic on where to buy them.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well done Rusty.Also nice to read about how much you enjoyed it.I was lucky enough to catch my first ever barbel trotting as well.Mine was a lot smaller than yours! Maybe 14ozs max caught while trotting for roach ,dace and chub on the River Arrow.

Like Dave says regardless of size the first of a species is always special and the circumstances of its capture all ways stay in your memorey.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Well done Rusty.

I can remember my first barbel, It was smaller than yours, But still special. Looks like a cracking stretch of river.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Just doing a forum search on 'Harrison'. I'm sure there's a topic on where to buy them.

I penned a short eulogy for them last Autumn!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...-float-rod.html

BTW - Did you get any Dace? Last season I was gettin 1-2 Doz dace a session from there - not a sign of one this year. :(

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

BTW - Did you get any Dace? Last season I was gettin 1-2 Doz dace a session from there - not a sign of one this year.

Thanks Chris, I'll give Ian a ring, I quite like the idea of the old style reel fixings.

No Dace for me but I did bump off loads of smaller fish once I'd lost the top 2ft of my rod, there might have been one amongst them.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

well done on the barbel ( i put it all down too the lucky reel :yeah: ) what a brilliant day ,and the first of many barbel too come . :thumbs:

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Oh well done!

Gorgeous looking fish, and I always think barbel look so intelligent and well bred, I almost expect to see one wearing a monocle!

I've yet to catch a barbel, and moving from the barbel rich Lower Thames (free, and doubles a real possibility) to barbel barren East Anglia sure hasn't helped matters much! I'm having to pick my waters very selectively just now as I don't want my first babel to be some sad specimen from a still water (the dubious practice of stocking barbel & chub in commercials is very widespread up here sadly).

Geoff