Newcomers

dave_H1

After being away from fishing for a a while i would love to get back into it, a friend who has never fished before also wants to take it up. I know the basics about most of the concepts float, legering etc but i was wondering which is the best method to use to introduce someone into fishing? dont exactly know the species we will be targeting but a general idea of how to go about things the right way would be appreciated. Sorry if this sounds to general!

stick with floatfishing ,watching a float for the new fisherman distracts them away from it not going under often :D

and when it does its not only the fish thats hooked

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i wonder how many new fishermen would be brought into the hobby if only specimin carp fishing had been invented ,how many would sit for 3 days in a bivvy "hoping" a fish would run ,maybe if it was within a few hours but if it was a bad stint i think most would taken up golf :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Dave,

I think the most important thing is to go somewhere where you catch lots of fish, (local pit maybe), rather than quality fish of any kind.

Also pick a nice day, when it is just good to be there in nice suroundings.

The most important thing is to make sure that a newcomer enjoys the first expierience of fishing.

.......Liam

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

Hi Dave,Agree with all the above regarding float fishing.It has got to be the method to start off with.There is something about watching a float that ledgering just does not do,particularily if things are a little slow.

With the weather warming up(or is it),a commercial complex for lots of bites is the place to go,even if the fish are not that large,it should be a good introduction/reintroduction to the sport.Have a few outings then when june 16th arrives give a river a crack.

Chuby.

Float fish.. most def'

Whip rod ... no tangles.

Silver fish and aim for the ton (100 in an hour).

You wont have time to moan about only catching small wuns.

"Muddlin' along"

Best way to get a newcomer into the sport. First get those nuisence rods out of the way and into the pod. Get the bbq lit, open the tinnies and put a good DVD on the portable. Go friday evenings so that getting up early on saturday and may be even sunday morning as well, is not necessary, nice lie in until its time to open the tinnies again. They will be hooked straight away and another angling widow will be born. :D