its here ,were a police state

chesters1

now that the opposition has crumbled and if it passes through the lords anyone can be carted off to prison .

you wont know why because you wont be told.

your lawyers wont be able to tell you because they wont know.

you or they cannot under the law even find out for how long your now legal "sentence" will last.

even the judge that allows it will only see hand picked bits of "evidence" the rest easily hidden under several layers of laws that forbid their being seen by anyone but for the PM and a few "chosen" people.

isnt it amazing how the goverment looks down at states who dont follow the legal process themselves whilst bringing in more draconian laws than most of them.

think your safe? joe bloggs can say your a terrorist and away you go, under the laws now going through you can have overwhelming proof your not a terrorist but it can all be ignored and only joe bloggs evidence presented to the judge.

with the 230 amendments no-one but the home secretary having knowledge of being forced through will torture will be soon legal :mad:

the problem with the terrorists laws were that parliament had only 8 hours to discuss and amend the proposed laws (a very clever ploy to get it through by the government) not only was there no time but they (parliament) also had to let through the unseen amendments as well ,something impossible to do legally and with due progress.

so annoy a politition and suddenly you become a terrorist and are out of sight and out of mind.

the PM in a slip to a reporter couldnt count out using this nice law against any protesters at the G8 summit

[ 11. March 2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality maybe a handfull of innocent people may be put under house arrest, if that is the price for potentialy saving thousands of lives by thwarting terrorist attacks then so be it.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

it wont save one ,murder has been illegal for decades but it goes on ,it happens in states of america with the death sentence so it goes on.laws only punish the lawfull the unlawfull dont give a fig and carry on regardless.

this goverment likes big sticks and gathers as many as it can ,an equal amounght of carrots would work just as well.

the government is forced to act tough (and punish us all) by having an open border immigration policy ,whilst the security services can monitor known problem makers (as they have with the irish problem) too many unknown problems have entered the country using immigration as a secure and unmonitored doorway to britain.

the ones leaving prison lately to live a nice cosy life all are foreign ,do the government deport them not a chance as many will go to a state that tortures or kills ,tough i'd rather the foreigners died than the brits under the foreigners bombs

[ 11. March 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest sslatter

I agree chesters1- a disgraceful turn of events, that doesn't just ride roughshod over Magna Carta, it completely rips it up.

If they can't prove in a Court of Law that someone is guilty of a crime, that person should be freed.. I personally do not want a UK Guantanamo Bay..

Shameful..

its still being a problem in the lords ,i'm surprised the government havent forced it through with the parliament act if its supposedly that important :confused: or is it because were not foxes but mere humans and thus of lower status :confused:

do foxes suffer more being killed by (using kleins phrase) being torn apart than a human being disembowled by a lump of car or shard of glass ,seems they do :(

the laws should have been properly layed out with the imput of all parliament so the unfotunate side effects of the laws made lesser rather than of blair and his government cronies forcing it through on a whim,balair just looks smug and says the intelligence services need it ,errr the same intelligence services that stated saddam had WMD,hmmm horses and bolts come to my mind

[ 11. March 2005, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

probably getting the cells just vacated by our oversees friends :D

i dont know if anyones been watching the bill in parliament but the government refused the oppositions offer of extending the existing anti terror laws (the one ending now hence the badboys being let out) thus giving time for the new laws to be properly scrutinised before becoming law ,the government refused and now is blaming the opposition for all its woes ,the gove had months to bring it to parliament but left it to the last moment there is something extremly rum about this law and we should all be afraid very afraid :mad:

[ 11. March 2005, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Anthony, Say hello to PRESIDENT Blair! If a politician does not like you or you vote for the "wrong" party, they call you a "terrorist" and thats that!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

who's that knocking at the door hardly a terrorist just a bit outspoken and teller of truths ,bum!" i am a terrorist