England expects

madmax

England expects Bad news.

as my outsiders point of view of British people matures, I have witnessed one constant.

you like to be unhappy/complain....

it doesn't matter what the subject, for instance:...

...in the papers or on the TV and radio news...(always bad news)

...the weather is too hot/cold/wet/dry...

...that (pick any one from any party here) politician is a liar...

...that royal....

...that coach....

...that pop/entertainer/TV host/lime light is too dam.....

...the list goes on and on and on....

what ever the sociological problems you English have, I'll give you this much, you love to share it.

looking on where England borders other nationals, like Wales or Scotland or Ireland, you get the picture.

so, what does the rest of the world really think of the English?

I'll be brave, and tell you from my point of view what I see, your on your own.

my advice is to make the most of life.

party on dudes, eat drink and be merry, but don't upset your neighbours.

i'll get the door!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Outsider???????????

Are ya??????????? :):):)

I never complain, I got nowt to complain about, I'm English. :D:D

are you English Ferret.

I mean to say, what is your lineage.

how many ppl in England can say they are really English.

I see England as a country of people, so lost and far away from their own history, as I see say the people of the USA.

that's not meant as a derogatory, but more like who is of English lineage, if traced back before the Germans and the French took up residents there.

i'll ask again, are you English Ferret?

[ 27. July 2004, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: madmax ]

My immediate pedigree is half German, quarter Scot and a quarter English and as much as I like travelling to the other countries and elsewhere around the world England is where my heart is and, granted, although there are major problems within our society which need urgently addressing, I couldn't give a Monkeys what other nations think of us.

Paul

as a bradford lad I have a smattering of norse mixed with a good dolup of celtic, washed down with some long term roman with a faint hint of polish (the latter being a modern addition) which has firmed up some of the norse genes.

English? of course I am, I pay taxes here, support the cricket/football teams, and complain about the weather........that seems to satisfy all the usual criteria. The fact that I was born here is a secondary issue.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

yes Phil very humorous. :D

no what I'm trying to say is, I think the moaning in the English mindset is probably no more that a remnant of the original English people.

you know, from when they were conquered/taken over by who ever.

who knows? :rolleyes:

I give up trying to work it out. :confused:

viva England, and the revolution. :D

Madmax - as a subject of 'the colonies' you should be well aware that the English only complain because they are so sure of their superiority over other nationalities!

(Places on tin hat & flack jacket - retires to bunker!) :D

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

England may have been a bit of a melting pot in days of old when invasions and the like were the norm but that's called history. I like to think that's what makes it a bit more culturally diverse and interesting. Now if I were American then I wouldn't understand what you were talking about. But then History from an American perspective is just a few hundred years

Rob.

P.S. I am being slightly tongue in cheek but the English are not a nation of whingers, but unlike some nations they also don't think they are the centre of the world.