How Big Is This Chub?

Elton

This chub was caught in Thetford, Norfolk, but the captor had no scales. I said I'd post it here so that you lot can have a guess. The lad holding it is 13 years old.

Please add all replies to this thread:

25apued.jpg

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hard to say, with him holding it out towards the camera like that (unless he's got *very* big hands). About 5lb-ish? Obviously a very nice fish. If I didn't know that Argos in Thetford was in Riverside Walk, I'd be wondering how far from the point of capture that shot had been taken!

I've worked for a few weeks in that Argos :) Wish I'd had time to fish now!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

This chub was caught in Thetford, Norfolk, but the captor had no scales. I said I'd post it here so that you lot can have a guess. The lad holding it is 13 years old.

Please add all replies to this thread:

25apued.jpg

Gosh that's a difficult one but here goes...............he's holding it out to the camera and so his hands are probably not too out of scale. It's a nice deep bodied fish so I'll go for 3 1/2 to 4lb.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Going by scale his fingers are bigger than his head so we can only use his fingers to guess at the size of it so based on that I'd guess at 2.75 to 3.25lbs

Its a short fish but very fat and a little depper than normal for the average length but I guess we'll never know the true weight due to the poor composition of the photo

I'm happy to suggest at least 10lbs going by the look on the lad's face :D

The fish I think 4lb tops, the tail's pointing away from us so hard to judge the length.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I would say it could well be nearer 4lb than 3lb, but probably no bigger. A really good looking fish as well, congratulations! Get some scales on your birthday/xmas list :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Its a nice looking fish seemingly in good condition.Nice girth.I would say near to 4lb if it was a Stour fish myself.It is very difficult to guess though.The youngster has caught himself a cracking chub whatever the size :D .

I would also estimate it at around 4lb.

If he can't get someone to buy him a set of scales tell him to photograph his next large fish next to a tape measure or something of a known size like a reel or baitbox or something he could get a better estimate from.

Lovely Chub, I bet hes over the moon.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)