Want a St Georges Day Bank Holiday?

RUDD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with St George is that he is also the Patron Saint of several other countries (Germany, Greece, Georgia, Portugal etc.) as well, we only adopted him after the crusades.

We should be campaigning to restore Englands true and original Patron Saint Edward the Confessor, at least he was English (well part Anglo-saxon part Dane part Norman - yes English).

However, as an atheist what do I care? Trafalgar Day should be the new Bank holiday 21 October (either that or Oliver Cromwells Birthday April 25).

[ 23. March 2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Should we not choose something that the whole Nation can get behind rather than choose an English Icon, or is that the idea. I like the idea Trafalgar Day plenty of Scots Welsh and Irish involved in that one.

A Worm On One End........:

Should we not choose something that the whole Nation can get behind rather than choose an English Icon, or is that the idea.  I like the idea Trafalgar Day plenty of Scots Welsh and Irish involved in that one.

Im in for that as well

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Why should the English yet again have to buckle to the demands of the minority. The thing thats messing up England is our weakness in defining our own identity.

Worm mate, this IS something the whole nation can get behind, the nation of England. Stuff the rest of `em, they want their own parliaments and laws and want to be as far away from English governing as possible. So, as far as I`m concerned we should build a dirty great big wall and let them get on with fading into oblivion.

Cry God for Harry and all that...........

wolf.gif