Want a St Georges Day Bank Holiday?

RUDD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Severn Wolf:

That sounds pretty xenophobic eh!!!

no wolfy, i'm sure the welsh, scots as well as the english would like to celebrate their own saints day but it's only the irish that do why? don't want to upset the irish members but whats so special about some bloke who got rid of all the snakes in ireland? yeah right! and before you have a go at me my mum is irish from dundalk which i guess makes me a plastic pady as well, not in my mind i'm english!

My great Grandfather was born and bred in Wales!!!! Poor sod!

A Nations day should be just that, for the nation. Its only really St Georges that gets knocked because as English we `should know better`!

I see where you`re coming from though. Point taken!

wolf.gif

This was told to me by a Scotsman!

'The Scots are like hemorrhoids,

when they come down and go back again they are OK

When they come down and stay down

They are a pain in the ****.

What this proves is that Hadrians wall has too many gaps.

Steam rules

"That sounds pretty xenophobic eh!!!"

No,not really.

As you say, the Welsh, the Scot's and the good people of Northern Ireland now have their own parliaments/assemblies and are free to vote themselves a bank holiday on St Andrew's day, St David's day or whatever.

There is nothing at all wrong with celebrating your own culture and having a day of celebration of English identity.

"English identity" doesn't mean white identity and I don't see any reason for minority groups to get upset if the population as a whole celebratyes and wrests some of our symbols of national identity away from the right wing idiots that have laid claim to them in recent years.

OK, so some muslim groups might not like St George much but the crusades happened 600 or more years ago and at some point you just have to let things go. Afterall, the average English bloke doesn't know and doesn't care that Moorish (North African muslim) raiders once raided the coasts of Devon, Cornwall, South Wales and southern Ireland for slaves. We have let it go.

St Georges day sucks for a holliday though. It's cold and it's in the closed season !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Trafalgar Day it is then. :):):)

[ 24. March 2005, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Trafalgar Day, what chance is there of that? We`re dropping our trousers in the name of European harmony.

I really don`t think the French and Spanish would like that too much and with our government being a load of, well, ass kissers, can you see the 21st October being celebrated?

wolf.gif

As well as a celebration of our saints day let's do something about the music that's supposed to rouse us at sporting events. The scots and welsh have decent tunes at the rugby but we have to have the 'all nation' anthem. Lets have something that belongs to only us.

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>