match anglers PAH!

chesters1

haha! nice one. I never got the idea of using 'poles' especially when you see pole anglers breaking up all the sections again when they have a caught a 4oz roach etc.

They can go and stick their poles right up their you-know-whats for all i care!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now now boys i wasnt condemming matchmen as matchmen just as people who dont listen but insist on using their pole full lenght when a whip under their feet will suffice ,i`m sure if it was possible to get an unlimited lenght of pole they would fish under someone elses feet on the opposite bank :D

and as farnham AS was founded in 1906 then "poles" of the time were shorter than some rods today so rods came first :P

[ 15. April 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Surely the lesson here must be "don't approach any fishing situation with blinkers on" :cool:

That would apply to trolling for marlin as much as to tiddler-snatching. Isn't it strange how just about every stillwater match you see nowadays seems to be almost %100 pole anglers? Surely it can't be *that* effective, or are they all just "following the crowd"?

Jim.

It may be blinkers Jim, but personally I like to use a method that I enjoy. For example I don't enjoy livebaiting, even though I know it is an excellent method for catching pike.

The enjoyment factor might also apply to pole fishing, I don't know, I've never fished with a pole. With my eye-sight I can't even see the distant end of a pole, let alone a minute bristle float at the regulation eleven meters!

I do get the impression that pole anglers are determined to prove to themselves that a pole works best in every situation, even if it can't! Whoops, my blinkers are getting in the way!!

Thanks Peter I will :D

Hopefully Chesters will let me know and give me all the details so I can have a good day fishing on Sunday if I can get a swim that is :D

James

Here we go again.

If match anglers want to fish a pole at its full length for small fish its up to them.

With a pole you can get away with lighter lines and smaller hooks and floats.

Therefore you can present a bait more naturally than with a waggler etc.

As I stated on the last anti match angling post just about every water will respond in a totally different manner if every peg is suddenly taken up by matchmen as opposed to if their were a few pleasure anglers fishing it.

This is why matchmen tend to fish for small fish and hope for a few bonus fish.

How many of you have moved onto a venue just after the matchmen have left?

Yes the fish suddenly come on the feed as they know that most of the danger has gone.

I have watched carp at my local water appear in the margins and go into a feeding frenzy as they seem to know night fishing is banned!!!!!!!!

At commercial match venues it is a well known fact that afternoon match weights are bigger than morning match weights as the fish have come on the feed when the morning match ends!!!!!!

I know some matchmen always have to fish their pole at full lenght for reasons only known to them. We have some of these types in our club!!!!

Strangly enough more fish get caught along the marginal shelf on our waters than at 10 or 11 meters apart from In the winter when most fish are in the deeper channels.

Some of you need to accept the fact that matchfishing is a very big part of angling.

Match anglers have invented and designed more products that I bet most of you have in your box than any other area of angling.

Its about time we had some positve posts on this site instead of all the slagging off!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!