The PC's strike again!!

kleinboet

watching TV today we are being told (quite seriously) that we should not celebrate Christmas because "it causes offence to other cultures". Right then!!! If that's the case, then they MUST stop other cultures celebrating their days in this country as it causes US "offence" they can't have it both ways!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 10. December 2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm a friend of mine was driving through skipton during the world cup and was stopped by the law who told mim not asked to take his george cross flag down from his car as it was offensive 12"x8" .now every eid or wat ever its called horns are blown and great big full sized flags are waved from cars (green and white)nothing is said no one complains if they did they would be racist... :confused: :confused:

i'm with you on this graylingking! should work both ways but it don't!!

here we go i can already hear argyll's foot steps coming on to this thread!

oh forgot santa banned from the bull ring but all the lights went up across alum rock high street for eid!!!! double standards or what?

it doesn't tend to be the other cultures complaining, but the idiot local counsellors who come up with these bright schemes usually without consulting either community. sadly and contrary to their misguided one legged lesbian vegetarian cylist (just to add a stereotypem ) ideals this usually heightens racial tensions and worsens problems. why oh why do people vote for these idiots.

You miss the point... negative discrimination is allowed - look at the Home Secretary's recent conduct. I quote: 'The commitment that is made by people through marriage is a way of..... emphasising stability to children' - this compares with a more recent offering from him: 'It would be dangerous territory if I wasn't practicing what I was preaching, which is always to accept responsibility, always accept the consequences of your actions...' ( taken from a BBC report, verbatim.)

It's fear of being accused of discrimination that seems to cause most of the trouble. The problem is that if you empower someone it relies upon their better nature and sense of decency not to abuse it - regardless of race or ethnicity. Can we be surprised that discrimination is tolerated when our politicians have for generations legislated on moral issues when their own doesn't stand too much scrutiny?

[ 10. December 2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Alan Stubbs ]

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

You're joking? this "pc" nonsense is getting way out of hand, at this rate there will be a backlash and it wont be pretty.

Im not a religios spiritual person, but Im more than happy for those who are to celebrate there own religious or historical belifes; Ill happily join in if im invited too.

I was informed last year by a somewhat important lady within our local educational establishment, that we should not refer to the children as "boy" or "girl". Apparently by saying "good boy/girl etc" we were being sexist and non pc.

My reply can only be decribed as short and blunt, how Ive managed to remain in the teacher training program Ive no idea.

So, all you boys and girls.....ohhh sorry, I mean ladies and gentlemen.......wait, nope thats wrong too.....Ill start again...

To all persons of non specific gender, working within non descript roles with unidentifiable physical characteristics. Would you kindly go forth and multiply, and let the remaining rational gender specific boys and girls get on with their lives?

Ta very much.

It's just a mischievous thought....

Who inflicted PC on us?

Were we consulted?

What about us oppressed white, male, heterosexual minorities - don't we have a say in it?

Is it politically correct to ignore what we think?

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

What about us oppressed white, male, heterosexual minorities - don't we have a say in it?

NO

Is it politically correct to ignore what we think?

YES - this week at least

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President