What is the relationship/difference between...

Rustam Bana

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Boote:

I believe that we have been tolerating something like a covert and persistent pre-advertising campaign for a new, shortly to become available, third rate (take it from me)International Angling Travel PRODUCT...[/QB]

:confused: :confused: :confused:

BUDGIE:

For a general rod which you could use for all your fishing I would have thought a 2 3/4 -3lb test curve pike rod of 11 or 12' would fit the bill.I say pike rod as in these TC's they tend to have a slower action than a similar sized carp rod.Coupled with a 4500 or 6500 Shimano this outfit would be a good compromise.

Thanks, BUDGIE.

Rustam Bana:

Which brings us to the next question...how does one type in those ruddy umlauts with our keyboards?       :D  

Click on the start button, click on Run, key in charmap, click on OK.

When the character map window opens, you can click the letter of your choice and have two options. Either look at the keystrokes needed to have it show up (normally holding down the ALT key and using the number pad to type in the three numbers) or else clicking on the select button, the copy button and you can then paste the thing where you want it.

Easier to do than to describe. ß ö ë ä á or pretty much whatever else you might want.

As a side note, when (not if) Paul Boote posts something that seems to make no sense, your best option is probably to just ignore it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Bitte Rustam Bana.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

As a side note, when (not if) Paul Boote posts something that seems to make no sense, your best option is probably to just ignore it.
As many head-in-the-sand British anglers have in the past, Newt - then woken up one to day to discover that the incoming 'horrors' which weird old Paul Boote had gently and a little cryptically hinted at had arrived, set up camp, become established fact, and generally taken over, to the majority's lasting cost. But heh, who cares, so long as it's good business...

[ 14. July 2005, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Rustam Bana:

From mahseer to asylum seekers and immigrants in one easy step.

I feel right at home. :D Eh, Terry?

Rustam

My word,just WHAT is eating you, Rustam Bana?

I was most certainly NOT - repeat NOT - referring to your "asylum seekers and immigrants", but to the way how, here in British Angling, in the past decade or so, a whole pile of poo has been passed off as 'the next must-have thing, the only to thing to do, whether you guys like it or not."

I am EXTREMELY - I repeat EXTREMELY - displeased by your shoddy inference, Rustam Bana.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Hang on Paul, its not always easy to decipher your cryptic comments. I hadn't a clue where you were going, but decided not to comment just in case you thought I was poking fun.

For a moment you were speaking the same language that we all understand and your earlier exchanges with Rustam were absorbing. They may have been personal to you but for most of us, stuck with the forum daily grind of long winded diatribes about bivvies and carp, it was an fascinating diversion.

This forum always needs new dimensions and your experiences might have provided that, but only if you use a language that we all READILY understand.

Having a dig at Rustam for his interpretation of your words is akin to berating someone for getting a crossword clue wrong. Under the circumstances...more than a little unfair. I would have said 'not cricket' but Rustam might have interpreted that as a pop at his national side :D

[ 14. July 2005, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'