Oops""" Your most embarrassing moment!

Peggy Burke

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't put brain in gear before speaking? Anyone else want to own up to a gaffe?

[ 22. September 2004, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Peggy Burke ]

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my younger days we sent a new laboratory assistant down to the local electrical factors for a list of items.

Two half meter wave bands.

Six rubber condutors.

Plus a few more items that I can't remember.

The wits in the factors made up this hugh unweildy box that was almost impossible to carry. What adds humour to it was the poor lad never twigged on.

He didn't last long either.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Reading Little Tinca's reply has made me remember a story told to me by a friend in my student days near Cambridge.

Jancis worked for pharmaceutical supply firm there during the holidays and on her first day she was sent down to the stores for a pack of fallopian tubes. It wasn't till she got down there and put in her request that she realised she'd been had!

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

1971 Octoberfest in Munich. Loads of booze and an enormous old fashioned funfair. After a few days I had a blond (Renate) in tow. Traditional bavarian dress, all cleavage and white ankle socks, the full monty. Staggered out of the Lowenbrau tent one night into the funfair, drunk as a skunk, looking to show off. Picked up the sledgehammer to hit the peg in the ground and ring the bell. Crowd gathered, blond watching.

Roll up my sleeves, throw the blond a big winning smile and I go for it. Took an almighty swing, missed the peg, fell forward on my knees, split my trousers right up the back and several packets of Durex shot out of top pocket. At least it got a round of applause. Blond didn't look best pleased tho'

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I remember when we had a new lad start with us. He wasn't too bright so I asked him to call at a hardware shop to 'get some nails with the heads at the other end' as I was making a bookcase and did not want the nails to show. He went to 3 or 4 shops and came back to confess he couldn't get any. I did think of sending him to the stores for 'a long weight' (wait) but thought we may never see him again.

Steam rules

More gaffes in my (shortish) lifetime than I'd care to admit to.

Like the time I got so wasted at my own house party that by the time I'd shovelled everyone out at about 3am, I thought that one of the unexpected gatecrashers had nicked my mobile.

Logical drunken next step? Leave 4 very drunken messages on my mobile phone to threaten the thief that if I ever got my hands on them, I'd rip them out a new a***hole etc etc. Pi**ed bravado. Nice.

Next logical drunken step? Phone the police while totally bladdered and attempt to piece together 2 words that made coherent sense. Result? "So you invited people that you don't know into your own house and they stole your phone?" And laughter from coppers in the background. Nice.

Next logical drunken step? Stagger around in the street, an hour after everyone has left, looking for anyone vaguely suspicious using a phone that might look like mine. Result? Hypothermia and bad grazing after falling over a wall. And getting back home 30 minutes later to see that I'd left the front door wide open and all lights on. Good oppotunity for a thief. Nice.

Next? Drunken sleep and room spinning.

Next? Hangover from Beelzebub himself. Clean up house. Find phone under sofa, where I'd tucked it mid-party, to stop me losing it. Turn phone on. Missed call alert and 4 new messages. Each telling me what I was going to do with myself, including creating myself a new a***hole, in wonderful, drunken technicolour.

What a dunce.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

i sent a young "helper" when i worked in a coldstore to get a cheese wire sharpener ,the boss wasent amused but did congratulate me that it wasent sky hooks that the butchery department had sent him to find :D ,this "fun" we all had and certainly had been played on us as trainees is probably abuse nowadays and outlawed ,its a shame things are coming to this

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I confess to being party to sending a new girl down to the factory to ask if anyone had seen Mike Hunt. After the sixth smirking lathe operator she realised :rolleyes:

I still feel bad about that....a bit.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk