Trying to defend your honour!

lyn

Guest allibee

Indeed it was a better world Peter...and I don't think I could ever be accused of being politically correct

see, you've edited your reply so mine looks daft now ... sheesh, men

and no, that isn't so bad at all ... shame that more and more these days though there is less and less of your respectful view - from both sides, let's be clear on that score - but live and let live is my motto and I can't understand why people go out of their way and waste their life trying to be difficult to other people :rolleyes: :confused:

[ 30. October 2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: allibee ]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesent bother me your a woman and a civil servant ,i give stick to all and take it on the chin where i deserve it :D but usually in the deep dark recesses of their minds everybody knows i`m right anyway even if months later most things i say and are scolded for come to light as true :P:D

i havent seen the article as i dont buy fishing mags ,how come honour needs looking after :confused: surely in looking after all her mans needs and housework ,cooking mending and shopping etc little time will be found to have her honour challenged :confused:

stop biting now !!! just playing, my mrs is a good fisherperson and no doupt others are too i would never poke fun at a person fishing whatever their sex (as soon as i got a look to see if they had a unhooking mat and landing net )

stockbridge as you know is really a old fogey lake and 25% of the anglers are ladies :)

[ 30. October 2004, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

ahhhh the good ol' days, Lyn with her right hook and Des with a lump (on his chin folks on his chin )

Manners believe it or not i was brought up to use em hold a door open for an OAP and no thanks, "you're welcome duck" well don't expect me to thank you, your lot haven't got any manners so why should i use mine"..............."er..didn't i just use manners by holding the door open for you, you decrepid old b1tch"

Ok Ok so my manners only last a short while but i still use em.

PS Lyn you can't defend my honour cos i ain't got none :D

and i ain't afraid of you either.....well not while you're down souf n i's up norf(ish) :P

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Lyn I think we nearly all thank you for defending our honour. When ever a woman like the one you were referring to "gets on her soapbox" I always wonder if she was one of those who burnt her bra and wanted no DEMANDED womens lib.

To many women (not you Lyn) want equal rights BUT only when it suits them. :P

I have to admit I do not like to have a "lady angler" on the next peg when I'm fishing simply because I HATE to get battered. :o

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

When I drove for a living, I arrived in Zeebrugge and the ferry was in, they only ran every 4 hours. I rushed into the booking office, as I didn’t have a passage booked and asked if I could go to the front of the queue.

This guy turned to me and almost snarled as he said ‘ If you want a mans job then you get to the back of the queue & wait your turn!’ I puffed out my chest (difficult in an oversize pair of overalls) looked him in the eye & politely replied. ‘ I do NOT class driving as a man’s job, I do it because I enjoy it. I am a woman & expect to treated as such, I expect you to open the door for me & I would expect you to give up your seat for me as you should any woman’

There was a moments silence then all the other drivers in there started clapping & cheering. This guy was made to look a right pratt! (No, before you ask Peter I didn’t give him a right hook!) :rolleyes:

I feel the same about fishing, yes it is male dominated but there is still room for the ‘ladies’ I fish because I enjoy it, with a passion. :)

I have responded to this woman’s letter because I don’t want other women to be put of by it & I certainly don’t want people to think that ALL male anglers are like the few she encountered because they are NOT!

I think the main problem is toilet facilities or the lack of. No I don’t want to see a great big blue portaloo on the river bank!! Mind you when I went in the bushes on Thursday a barn owl nearly pooed on my head. Winter is a problem once the leaves have gone but I won’t go into that now. :o

lyn

[ 30. October 2004, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: lyn ]

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

allibee:

....(Lyn, Liam's a very nice boy, too nice for a stoppered barrel (and associated scrapings thereof) - just keep on keeping on, you'll get there )

Adios

It was a joke :rolleyes::rolleyes:

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

More women fishing I say, position them right and they make great rod rests, every peg should have one.

[ 31. October 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest allibee

lyn:

It was a joke

Yes, I did get that. I'm a parent myself...

Nice one Anthony :D

[ 31. October 2004, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: allibee ]