Mushroom identification

ben88

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ben88:

Being realistic shrooms are hardly in the same league as heroin or crack now are they.

In legal terms (and bear in mind that you are publishing your intentions in a world wide forum, of which a number of members are police officers) yes, they are. That's exactly the point I'm having to make - magic mushromms are, in the eyes of a court, the same as heroin. If convicted of possesion, you could face a seven year jail term:

quote:

"Now that they're class A if people are found in possession the ultimate, if unlikely, sanction is seven years in prison and a fine."

Whether I think that's 'right', or not, is irrelevant. The fact is, thousands of people read these forums every day, so please think before you post any more on this subject.

Nothing against the guys here, but Ask Frank rather than the general public :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

very well put elton.

Ben88, those are not psylocibin, & if you want to eat wild mushrooms for any purpose, get yourself on an identification course, try a search for fungal forrays, they dont cost much & can be fun.

NEVER eat any wild mushroom without being 100% sure of what it is. some will kill you quick, some will kill you 17 days later.

I have a copy of 'The Macdonald encyclopedia of Mushrooms and Toadstools' before me, which I bought for 50p on a second hans book stall.

I would say with 90% certainty, that the mushrooms are; Panaeolina foenisecii.

From Latin...'Dry hay'

Edibility....Slightly hallucinogenic when ingested in large quantities.

Habitat......Gregarious in grassy areas.

Season.......Late summer to Autumn, common.

Note.........This is one of several lawn mushrooms that come up after rains.

Oddly enough, when I bought the book, two pages had been bookmarked, this being one of them. The other page, also had a hallucinogenic

quality. Bloody hippies!

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Ben if you must go picking mushrooms, take someone with you, if possible.

Ideally, you want to take someone who can identify a psylobe straight away (and none of those pics you supplied are psylobes BTW). This way you reduce the chances of eating anything a bit dodgy.

If that's not going to happen, take someone you can trust 100% to 'babysit' for a few hours. If you have ANY little doubts, suspicions or feelings of distrust about someone, DO NOT take any mushies with this person. You'll probably have a bad trip and you may just want to kill them in a really nasty 'Jacob's Ladder' style.

If you have to take them on your own, which I actually enjoy but wouldn't advise, I can offer you a couple of tips.

Make sure you have a charged and topped up mobile phone with you.

Make sure you know EXACTLY where you are and make sure that the emergency services can get to you, should the worst happen.

It's a good idea to write on your left arm, your name (even just your first name), your age, what you've taken, any drugs you're allergic to and any relevant information you think might help an emergency team, just in case.

If you go into hospital, the chances are, your sleeves will be rolled up. If the A&E have all the relevant information at hand, they can treat you right away, with the correct drugs and the sooner you'll go home.

I suggest you eat something substantial a couple of hours prior to taking mushies. Taking mushies on an empty stomach can be a bit uncomfortable for some people. It would seem the human stomach doesn't appreciate you feeding it psylobes when it's empty.

Also, when some drugs are taken, the body stops digesting food for a while. Mushrooms don't stop you digesting anything so an empty stomach can be horrible and besides, it's nigh on impossible to eat anything while you're tripping, even if it seems like a great idea.

Actually, before I end up writing a book, have you taken them before??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Don't take 10 grams of dried psylobes. There's approx. 100 per dried gram. Half a gram of dried psylobes is more than enough.

If you take them fresh, take 50 mushies and put them in a pot with just over a mugful of boiled water and bring them to a gentle simmer for about 10 mins. Any longer is a waste of time and energy.

Once you've made your 'brew' you can strain the liquid off using a cafetiere (shown below) a tea strainer, a seive, a piece of muslin or whatever you can find. Dump the mushies since they have no further use.

I normally make a cup of coffee with the liquid. Apart from being hot, which brings such 'tinctures' on even quicker, it also masks the taste of shrooms beautifully. You can add milk and sugar if you please.

Any questions?

The mushieheads friend..

frpress.melior8tasse.jpg

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest Ferret1959

Why not just go out and get p1ssed???????

Seams a whole lot easier and leagal. :(

I like Andys advice on 'trying' them out.

Put's me off trying them straight away.

Why take any risks?

Oh and Ben, what happens if things do go wrong?

To be honest I think you should grow up.