Well Done AN Members

Elton

A few of you may remember Julian asking a while back about being asked if we could help to locate some photographs for an angling book/gift set.

The good news is, this book has now been published (the downside being that I've had to endure looking at your ugly mugs again )

The double good news is that the publishers insisted on paying for the photos that they used.

Now, I have no right to that money and didn't take any time at all deciding that it is going to go to the Macmillan Nurses, via Stoney & Friends.

I realise that the choice wasn't a democratic decision, but sometimes an MD has to do these things :D

The sum paid was £240 + VAT, and I am now speaking to Allan Stone about the best way of presenting this to them, so that MacMillan get as much as possible.

Thank you to all who helped. You offered your help freely and in the true spirit of angling.

Unbeknown to you at the time, you've helped out some people at a time when they need it most.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm more than happy for this money to go to the Macmillan nurses, glad I could help!..in two ways!!

I got my copy of the book and gift pack today and I'm chuffed to bits with it. I'll pass the book onto the next kid I meet on the bank...

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Nice one, Steve. Yours was the first pic I recognised, as we've crossed paths a couple of times.

Just waiting to hear back from Stoney re: the best way to present the money so that MacMillan get it all. I know Gift Aid is the norm, but need to check it works for limited companies.

Once done, (if someone reminds me) I'll post a pic of the invoice to the publishers and the receipt from the charity.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

i got my copy yesterday, and very nice it is to, apart from my ugly mug, great to hear we helped a more than worthy cause.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

how about julian giving prospective authours an quick guide in book writing/printing ,questions such as if a publisher gets involved how is the money sorted out? (ie does the publisher provide all the funds or is it a shared cost) ,does the writer have full control over the end item or does the publisher over rule him,hows the copyright sorted for the pictures (does the writer if he takes the pictures loose the copyright over them) lots of questions that seem trivial but unfortunatly are hard to get the answers for

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Trouble is, Julian isn't an author! :) He just asked for some pics after the publisher contacted us.

Having said that, he is currently reviewing a book that was the creation of somebody with massive publisher involvement, so he may be able to ask him......

I'll drop him a line tomorrow.

[ 22. April 2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

chesters1:

how about julian giving prospective authours an quick guide in book writing/printing ,questions such as if a publisher gets involved how is the money sorted out? (ie does the publisher provide all the funds or is it a shared cost) ,does the writer have full control over the end item or does the publisher over rule him,hows the copyright sorted for the pictures (does the writer if he takes the pictures loose the copyright over them) lots of questions that seem trivial but unfortunatly are hard to get the answers for :(

i dont know a great deal about publishing, but my girlfriend has had a couple of things published, and i understand the following

the publisher foots the bill for all costs incurred, the author doesnt have full control, the publisher will usually have some control as its their money on the block, they need to know its going to sell, copyright for pics/illustrations remains the copyright of the photographer (as long as they are credited on the book)

I was well chuffed to see they used my Grayling pic (page 46!) - shame they spelt my name wrong :(, still "mustn't grumble" as monty python would say!!! :D

I think that's a fab idea to give the money to macmillan!

Cheers to everybody involved, though I think the pic of Gray has probably de-valued the book! :D:D:D