PB Eel

poledark

Thanks Den.So do you reckon my idea of a lighter/scaled down version would be worth a go? Is basicly so I wont be overgunning the smaller species.

Oh and could you explain/show a clearer pic of how you set up the hooklink/catty rubber bit please as Im not able to picture it.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Den, I doff my thinking cap to you - that is cheeky :)

Budgie, I was talking to 'Mr Bream' a while back and he was saying that a flat inline lead of 1.5oz has the same hooking potential as a 3oz pendant (because of the lack of hinge/movement). So I expect a scaled down version would work fine.

Den, how clear is the water you're fishing?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Off fishing now, will show details this evening :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Cheers mate good luck (er not that you really need it!) enjoy the day.

Nearest Im getting to fishing today is sorting out my tackle rooms! (See its great not having a mrs as I dont even have to pretend there spare bedrooms!)

Budgie, I was talking to 'Mr Bream' a while back and he was saying that a flat inline lead of 1.5oz has the same hooking potential as a 3oz pendant (because of the lack of hinge/movement). So I expect a scaled down version would work fine.

When carping we always regarded a standard (bomb type or in line) lead in 1 3/4ozs as enough to provide the full bolt effect but I always preferred 2ozs as my "normal" minimum.

The Method feeders I was using for tenching at the start of the season were only 32gms (empty) and they worked as well. I'm more interested if the resulting smaller ball of feed that you would get/have to use with lighter tackle would have the same attraction/success? Although I was using some cricket sized balls on my 1 3/4lb rods this was only really a very short lob (ie to near side of Plantation bar type distance).

Not sure I would use this at Wingham as the species I'm targeting there are more specific but I do fish other waters with a more mixed head of specimen species that I fancy it for.They are very similar to the waters that I believe Dens using the tactic on.

Mind you my greatest concern is when Im going to actually get out on the banks (anywhere!) again. Not been for nearly 5 weeks now cant remember ever a time Ive gone that long!