Congratulations Ellen MacArthur

John S

No mate I mean 6 weeks in winds of force 7 upwards, a constant 2-3 metre running swell and big waves (3-6 metre) trough to crest.

The vessel in question is a bulk carrier, they are not good sea vessels at the best of times and can be sheer hell to live on in rough conditions when they are barely making steerage way.

[ 02. March 2005, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Ellen, and well deserved. It's just a pity that you did not receive similar recognition at home.

Bien fait, Ellen. Tu mérite.

http://bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=24372

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I don't really get it. Instead of getting a job, she did something she loves to do and gets made a Dame and all sorts of stuff.

Perhaps my wife should set a new world record for sunbathing, instead of running a busy cardiac clinic. She gets bugger all, except a modest wage and ten tons of crap every day from the NHS.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I don't really get it. Instead of getting a job, she did something she loves to do and gets made a Dame and all sorts of stuff.

Perhaps my wife should set a new world record for sunbathing, instead of running a busy cardiac clinic. She gets bugger all, except a modest wage and ten tons of crap every day from the NHS.

Same every year at the New Year Honours list Elton, Lots of Footballers, singers and the like but very few, if any paramedics, Firefighters, Soldiers etc etc.

I walked past her in the Car Park down East Cowes a while ago, She is a 'Bit Odd' imho, BUT she did do something of an achievement and we have to brag occasionally you know. :huh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Same every year at the New Year Honours list Elton, Lots of Footballers, singers and the like but very few, if any paramedics, Firefighters, Soldiers etc etc.

I walked past her in the Car Park down East Cowes a while ago, She is a 'Bit Odd' imho, BUT she did do something of an achievement and we have to brag occasionally you know. :huh:

think you are both on to something here, my consipracy theory is that the peoples pr assistants are paying for honors like candy.

what the hell man, 2005 !
Hey, why start a new thread when there is an old one that can be revived, there can't be all that many forums where this happens. It has happened a few times on AN.