This Broads Idiot!

benacre

If he had been cutting up my boat I would have driven away and ignored him

Oh I dunno....could have tried retrieving him with a large, no, a very large plug on your pike rod B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

If he had been cutting up my boat I would have driven away and ignored him

There is a little thing called a kill cord that you are supposed to put round your wrist so that if you fall out of the boat like dopey b£$l*ks then it kills the engine by pulling out a plastic ring by the throtle that kills the engine but no body uses the killcord :wallbash::wallbash: ,This guy was obviously a muppet anyway but if he had that safety cord round his wrist then the boat would have stopped the second he went swimming.

Would hope the Broads Authority take him to task over this but if they are as pro active at that as the EA then dont hold your breath,Often tenders/inflatables on the thames and i would imagine other waterways are not registered or insured,See it all the time on the Thames great big gin palaces with unregistered tender/inflatable and they are always moaning about the river gypsys unregistered boats :wallbash: they just don`t get it.

Lucky the prop didnt chop him up!! Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

There is a little thing called a kill cord that you are supposed to put round your wrist so that if you fall out of the boat like dopey b£$l*ks then it kills the engine by pulling out a plastic ring by the throtle that kills the engine but no body uses the killcord :wallbash::wallbash: ,This guy was obviously a muppet anyway but if he had that safety cord round his wrist then the boat would have stopped the second he went swimming.

Would hope the Broads Authority take him to task over this but if they are as pro active at that as the EA then dont hold your breath,Often tenders/inflatables on the thames and i would imagine other waterways are not registered or insured,See it all the time on the Thames great big gin palaces with unregistered tender/inflatable and they are always moaning about the river gypsys unregistered boats :wallbash: they just don`t get it.

Lucky the prop didnt chop him up!! Steve.

The BA traced the boater and gave him "Suitable advice!

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

The BA traced the boater and gave him "Suitable advice!

Fair play not sure the EA guys would have done the same Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

kills the engine by pulling out a plastic ring by the throtle that kills the engine but no body uses the killcord

Well we do! We have a very similar boat and we always have it attached. Luckily it's not been had to be used up till now, but it's a safety feature that we're comfortable with, and one that we use on every single trip. Although we've never had to use it, it's no real inconvenience.

I feel people are too complacent about safety, and forget some of the risks. It's a small inconvenience really...after all, it's not just YOUR safety that is at risk, but everyone else you may come into contact with.

Janet

I wear mine whenever I'm running faster than at idle.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Something that was hammered into us when I was at sea was that almost without exception, accidents are caused, accidents are preventable. Accidents don't just "happen".

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Brumagem Phil
Well we do! We have a very similar boat and we always have it attached. Luckily it's not been had to be used up till now, but it's a safety feature that we're comfortable with, and one that we use on every single trip. Although we've never had to use it, it's no real inconvenience.

I feel people are too complacent about safety, and forget some of the risks. It's a small inconvenience really...after all, it's not just YOUR safety that is at risk, but everyone else you may come into contact with.

Janet

I'm seriously considering buying a kayak for estuary and possibly further afield fishing..........first thing i've done is look here, other sites or youtube for sensible advice on how to come back without coughing up seaweed! Far too many people treat water as a benign element imo.

This person will look back in future at this video and realise just how lucky they were to walk away from this without very serious injury.