Linda got the Blues

Davy Holt

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Orca!!!

Did you know what you had before it surfaced?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Way to go Orca!!!

Did you know what you had before it surfaced?

Hi Newt

Its Orca (couldnt be bothered logging Davy out and relogging back in) I knew it was a bluey as that was what we were targeting. But you better believe that I had no blinking idea of how big it was. Davy and Jim had seen it at the side of the boat and told me it as big, but I thought that they were winding me up. I had stayed well away from the side of the boat as the sea was a little rough and I seemed to have lost my sea legs so I didnt see it until the were bringing it into the boat, no wonder she took an hour to land. But this is one very happy and knackered lady ~(to put it mildly)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hi Newt

Its Orca (couldnt be bothered logging Davy out and relogging back in) I knew it was a bluey as that was what we were targeting. But you better believe that I had no blinking idea of how big it was. Davy and Jim had seen it at the side of the boat and told me it as big, but I thought that they were winding me up. I had stayed well away from the side of the boat as the sea was a little rough and I seemed to have lost my sea legs so I didnt see it until the were bringing it into the boat, no wonder she took an hour to land. But this is one very happy and knackered lady ~(to put it mildly)

Cracking fish Linda a big well done on landing that nice Blue :notworthy::thumbs:

Edited by blindog

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Well done,

I think we need a bigger boat

just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Nice fish. :thumbs:

Do you tag and release them, as you do the skate ?

We tagged one off the west coast of Ireland a couple of years ago and six months later it was caught in tuna nets off the Azores (and released).

They cover an amazing amount of miles.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Amazing fish! :thumbs:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE