weightlifting

piker/carper

No weights, just pressups, situps and a bunch of other excersises using my own body weight.

I gave up pumping iron in the eighties when I realised that: 1, it bored the pants off of me and 2, It was seriously slowing down my hand-speed when punching.

I can still throw a couple of 18 and 19 stone blokes arround with no problems but I'm not sure about "dead weight" because they're always fighting back.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Normally stumble into the gym 2/3 times a week to try and keep a bit fit and keep the beer belly under conrol - supped a lot of beer in 55 years:) :)

Sorry back to the question. I have a set routine that takes about 1hr 20 mins and do a lot of weights in this time.

Do not go for stupid weight nowadays cos I am an old git.

Press 26kg dumbells

Side curl 14kg dumbells

Do sets of 21s (biceps) with 55kg on the stack - its part of the crosswire system.

Upright rower put 50kg of plates on each side

How about you ?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

25 years ago i used to do a lot of weight training, never serious power lifting though, but managed 330lb benchpress, 440lb squat and 550lb deadlift (with wrist straps)

used to do 10 chins with two 50lb plates tied round my waist, i weighed 15 stone then, wish i still did :(:rolleyes:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

well im prity young but i can 1 rep max 230 pounds at gym which i think is prity good comapred to the people i go with! as for dead lifting i injured my back a couple of years ago so i never do any serious amount of weight because my back is not up to it i have dead lifted 250 pounds but that was ages ago like a year ago lol i just posted the qeustion because i have been on a few weight lifting forums and they have been saying they can all bench 400 pounds! the strongest person at are gym only has a 1 rep max of bout 400 and hes on steroids and is huge! so i was feelin a bit bad reading they could all do 400 pounds but im prity surethere lying!

Be happy with the targets you set yourself,liftings about technique and safety, no good lifting what you can't place down.

Treat what others say with a pinch of salt mate

just one more cast then I'am off home

If you have a pre-existing back injury, make sure you you keep it moving and do lots of low impact/low to medium strain exercises for your trunk and do them in all directions. Core excersises like balance boards are also very good.

It's vital that you don't overstrain, but more important that you maintain a good strong and balanced muculature to keep the spine supported.

I've had three nasty back and neck injuries (two of which resulted in temporary neurological impairement) and the only thing that I can't do with my back is run any distance - after about half a mile, the pounding starts to give me significant backpain.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.