BBC Bonuses

Gillies

If I was one of the many workers made redundant lately from the BBC, I would be pretty P'd off at the bonuses a number of execs got.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/4675073.stm

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

120,000 licence fees to fund just four salaries. Bugg3r the BBC's workers, the peope who actualy pay for a icence should be up in arms. If the BBC can't exist without paying those sorts of salaries then maybe it's time it lost its licence income completely.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

As someone who does not receive any terrestrial TV signal I HAVE to have and pay for a satellite dish so free view is not an option either. I still have to pay a TV license as well, so it's good to know it's being spent wisely :mad:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

you must be in the wilds not to receive a terrestrial signal! we can only receive terrestrial, no sat, no cable, but large parts of my licence fee go to fund bbc channels only available on freeview or sat. this to me is more relavent than business men receiving large bonuses, thats what happens in the world of business.

Our neighbours have a perfectly good signal 300 yds away. Were just on the wrong side of the hill :(

My mate up in Orkney has the same problem, but then again they've only had TV in Orkney for a few years :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

jeepster:

you must be in the wilds not to receive a terrestrial signal! we can only receive terrestrial, no sat, no cable, but large parts of my licence fee go to fund bbc channels only available on freeview or sat. this to me is more relavent than business men receiving large bonuses, thats what happens in the world of business.

My bugbear isn't so much that, but that they try to racially divide this country with channels such as:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/index.shtml?logo and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/index.shtml?logo

I've never really got my head round that.

Bung it all together, along with white music, and you've got integration.

Do what they're doing, and you have segregation.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Isn't that just "niche broadcasting" in the same way as they keep promising that all special/minority interests will eventually have their own channels?

I'm still waiting for the real-ale drinking, morris dancing, traditional folk music channel...

I have no major issue with "black" or "asian" music being played on dedicated chanels because if everything were jumbled up (along with the cricket and a bit of classical), you'd just get a station that nobody wants to listen to. I do however have a problem with the BBC broadcasting in languages other than English.

The big one though is digital TV.

Not only are license payers forced to pay for channels that many of them can't recieve but people are being told that they have to replace their anologue TV's with digital because the anologue signal is going to be turned off. The real rub is that digital PAL TV's will themselves be obsolete long before the great switch off because HDTV will have rolled out long before then. A lot of people are going to be feeling very cheated !

[ 13. July 2005, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

DavyR:

I'm still waiting for the real-ale drinking, morris dancing, traditional folk music channel...

I take it you never used to listen to Mark & Lard?

"Scoff Cruddle 'ere....."

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE