Its coming home, it's coming home....

RUDD

hi gillies i see i`ve really got up your nose then!if you read the thread "you jocks know sod all about foot ball" and the previous page correctly you will see that is just me and corydoras having a bit of freindly banter as we do most days. he tells me the english know sod all about history so i have a go back, means nothing just a bit of anglo fun. anyway can we hug and be freinds now! and i hope aberdeen finish third next year ok! come on the reds from pittodrie!!!!!!!!!!! can`t believe i just said that :D:P:D

[ 29. June 2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: bluezulu ]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a football fan at all. Grown men chasing a ball around a field and getting paid millions of pounds for doing it.

But good for those who play it and those who watch it.

It would seem from this thread some are even passionate about it good luck to them as well.

So as a football outsider I can see what makes a club ultimately successful ...and that is MONEY.

The more money the better the players you can buy.

A team that is full of highly priced players is a sign that the club will suceed or get and stay near the top.

In financial terms there are only a small handful of clubs that can manage that.

Support who or whatever you support and enjoy it for its own sake .... because the clubs with the money will always come out on top.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Little Tinca:

I am not a football fan at all. Grown men chasing a ball around a field and getting paid millions of pounds for doing it.

But good for those who play it and those who watch it.

It would seem from this thread some are even passionate about it good luck to them as well.

So as a football outsider I can see what makes a club ultimately successful ...and that is MONEY.

The more money the better the players you can buy.

A team that is full of highly priced players is a sign that the club will suceed or get and stay near the top.

In financial terms there are only a small handful of clubs that can manage that.

Support who or whatever you support and enjoy it for its own sake .... because the clubs with the money will always come out on top.

Not quite true Little Tinca, just look at Chelsea.

Spent more money than the GNP of Belgium in one season and still won SOD ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Real Madrid who have the second most expensive team in the world after Chelsea also won SOD ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we all know that all of the home nations have crap national squads and there is a very simple reason.

all you have to do is look at Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers, Man U and every other team in the English premiership and the top few teams in the first division.

There is a very disturbing pattern.

There are more foreign players on the books than home grown players.

Not so long ago every top player wanted to play in Italy, then it was Spain, now it is the Premiership.

The premiership is going the same way as these two leagues with most of the clubs living a lie (IE they are practically bankrupt and rely on SKY and sponsership to stay afloat).

It is a sad state of affairs.

At least Middlesborough won a piece of silverware last season but for the top teams winning the league cup, FA cup or premiership take a back seat to qualifiying for a place in the BIG money champions league.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Ha Ha - Blue Zulu, thanks for wishing Aberdeen well :)

If Aberdeen manage 3rd bottom next season, I will be happy ... dont expect much better than that from them - hope I'm proved wrong though. :D:D:D

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Gillies:

Ha Ha - Blue Zulu, thanks for wishing Aberdeen well :)

If Aberdeen manage 3rd bottom next season, I will be happy ... dont expect much better than that from them - hope I'm proved wrong though. :D:D:D

Gillies :)

gillies don`t you dare tell anyone what i said about the dons you will ruin my street cred!!!! :D

How about uniting these two great countries that so many defend so Passionately?

Alex Furguson for England Manager (When he steps down from Utd of course, and Steve Bruce replaces him, having mastered the basics in Brum, he can finalise his apprenticeship back in his true home)

Steve Bruce truly is a god Blue - just a shame he is a Red God. :P:D

oh another glory hunter i see!

man u fan from milton keynes!

even wimbledon is closer to you than manchester! :P

yet another arm chair fan! yawn!!

look forward to seeing my team live every other week next season how about you! :P

KennyC:

BZ, would you know if I washed my newly aquired Portugal shirt along with my 'Villa' shirt are the clarets the same colour or would they run in the wash? :rolleyes::P

:)

well i hope they run all the way up to your bloody home in scotland . i hope you will all be very happy together. you might be able to make a hearts shirt out of them.the claret and blue one would make a very good alternative to toilet . paper!!!!!!! :D

:D:D

Blue

Have a very precious item that you may be interested in.

Mint condition FA Cup Final program, 1994 - V- Chelski, signed by the man himself.

He placed himself above the gods that day.