Its coming home, it's coming home....

RUDD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just remind me who is your goalkeeper????

who is going to knock you out this time?

iceland,faroe islands?

i just don`t know how you`ve got the nerve to take the p**s out of england!

your best home grown striker stevie crawford

just left scotland to play for PLYMOUTH!!!

no disrespect to plymouth i know thre on the up and good luck to them but your top striker crawford!!! god help ya

i don`t mind anyone having a go at england as long as there in a position to criticise, but you my freind are not!!

stop having ago at my team and sod off and watch east fife,cowdenbeath,stirling albion or any of your other mighty teams!!!

:mad: :mad:

<sigh>

Well I'll leave this thread with this oldie...

Sven Gorran Eriksson, the England football manager and Berti Voigts, the Scotland manager were enjoying a quiet beer after a UEFA seminar in Zurich. Berti turns to Sven and asks him his opinion of what may happen.

"Well I am hoping that we will qualify for the Semi Finals in Germany in 2006.

"What do you think Berti?"

"Well I reckon we will thump the Italy 2-0 in Rome and then put 10 past them at Hampden. After that we'll go on to win the World cup in 2006 without conceding a goal, including the penalty shoot out against the Germans in the semi-finals. We'll then go on and qualify for the Euro 2008 in 2002 where McFadden will shine and our play will be lauded wherever we go". "In fact people will be calling my team not just the greatest ever Scotland team but the greatest team to grace this planet. I will be knighted, of course and Bob Malcom will become Captain for his commanding authority and first class example on the pitch".

"We'll easily defend our European crown in 2012 and then we'll take the 2010 World Cup, with the players asking me to go and accept the trophy from the Queen as a mark of respect for what I have done for the good of the Scottish game and the Scottish nation in particular".

"Steady on!!" says Sven, "You're a bit optimistic there Berti!".

Berti looks at Sven and says "Well, you started it pal!"

:D

[ 27. June 2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: KennyC ]

When I seen this thread was titled "Its coming home" - thought it was on about the ball from Beckhams penalty ... should have reached England by now !!!! :D

Have to admit - due to all the over the top hype/BS involved with the media over the England team, I was glad to see them go out ... and on a footballing side, a team that only knows how to defend is not going to do to well anyway.

Rooney should not be even mentioned in same breadth as Pele, and is not even fit to lace the boots of England greats of recent times such as Gazza and Shearer. Though did feel very sorry for the him that his game against Portugal ended early, was a shame - but I really don't think it would of made any difference - Portugal are not a great team, but could put together decent attacks and defend when needed ... England could just defend and when the ball went to midfield, it was "Headless Chickens R Us".

As for Scotland, as the rest of the Scots have been saying, yes we have a "terrible team" ... so all jokes are wasted ... as they are mostly true!!!

Scotland do struggle against the small teams granted ... Never mind, do England still hold record for fasted World Cup goal conceded? against footballing giants San Marino? - and maybe next season an English manager will win the English Premiership.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Gillies:

When I seen this thread was titled "Its coming home" - thought it was on about the ball from Beckhams penalty ... should have reached England by now !!!! :D

Have to admit - due to all the over the top hype/BS involved with the media over the England team, I was glad to see them go out ... and on a footballing side, a team that only knows how to defend is not going to do to well anyway.

Rooney should not be even mentioned in same breadth as Pele, and is not even fit to lace the boots of England greats of recent times such as Gazza and Shearer. Though did feel very sorry for the him that his game against Portugal ended early, was a shame - but I really don't think it would of made any difference - Portugal are not a great team, but could put together decent attacks and defend when needed ... England could just defend and when the ball went to midfield, it was "Headless Chickens R Us".

As for Scotland, as the rest of the Scots have been saying, yes we have a "terrible team" ... so all jokes are wasted ... as they are mostly true!!!

Scotland do struggle against the small teams granted ... Never mind, do England still hold record for fasted World Cup goal conceded? against footballing giants San Marino? - and maybe next season an English manager will win the English Premiership.

Gillies

Maybe another team apart from the two foreign teams Rangers or Celtic will win something in Scotland in the next ten years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you Scots should stick to curling.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

bluezulu:

yet another jealous sweaty sock!!!!

yawn! :P

What exactly is it that we are meant to be jeleaus of? Having a football team that was kicked out of a competition by a team that cannot beat Greece is not something that brings out the green streak in me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote