The most fun fish in the UK ?

Ken L

I couldn't disagree more Paul. I thought Lee's idea of fun sounded quiet blissful. It almost makes me want to take up trout fishing! Unfortunately I'm not a great lover of Trout as a meal.

Take the right for an individual to eat his catch away, and you've broken the very spine of angling! Especially in the eyes of a non-fishing public.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere between stockie rainbows and muddy farmed salmon I lost my taste for the salmon/trout family. Not even a wild seatrout could tempt me away from a bass, sea bream or a middle piece of skate.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

slodger:

I couldn't disagree more Paul. I thought Lee's idea of fun sounded quiet blissful. ... Take the right for an individual to eat his catch away, and you've broken the very spine of angling! Especially in the eyes of a non-fishing public.

I stand corrected, slodge. In fact, so inspired have I been your posting, I've decided to go out soon after season's start in mid June, and fill my freezer with large chalkstream perch.

Break some of their spines, too...

[ 22. May 2005, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

'I've decided to go out soon after season's start in mid June, and fill my freezer with large chalkstream perch.'

I'm told they make fantastic eating Paul. Being a keen angler I'm sure you'll limit yourself to a sensible size and number of fish. Bon appetit! :)

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

'how often do you eat wild bass gerry?'

I think he'll be out after them sometime in the next few weeks. Still waiting for a call from Kev, Gerry??

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Most fun fish Mackerel; light gear, heavy gear feathers, everyone loves catching them.

[ 22. May 2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.