proposed UK smoking ban

Alan Taylor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/

Just in case any one lurking and reading this or an AN member wants any help or info.

On our local news tonight it showed a brave lady who had half her tongue removed through throat cancer and she was going with a macmillian nurse around her local schools talking to the children and answering her questions..

Someone making an effort to get the message across to the kids!!!!

I decided to re- read Alan's original post and he is so right we have gone way off topic,not sure if we have answered his original point though!!!!

quote:

Will this drive the smokers amongst us to drink and eat more at home or will more non smokers eat out

Judith

[ 23. November 2004, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Alan and Judy - It would appear that where it has been implemented, more non-smokers are eating out.

[ 23. November 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Many years ago, I worked in an office where at times, you could hardly see across the room because of the stinking cigarette smoke. One day, I made my point by lighting up bundles of joss sticks, which for some reason, many people took exception to. Try this in your local pub and defy any complainers to challenge your right to do this in a logical way.

You might get hit though.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.