Tyke

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
jeepster:

jeepster:

I've got a spare LPG kit if you are interested.   :)  

any idea how much they cost to fit? and is it a big bottle that'll take up half my boot?
Bit of a big tank matey, I'd say would bugger you up for space in that ickle tiny motor of yours.

Nearly touches the sides on the Rangie.

corydoras:

corydoras:

A popular misconception if the gas you are referring to is "natural". The polutants may be minimal but the CO2 isnt, now if they were charged from Wind or Hydro plants that might be different!

Gas turbine engines don't actually burn gas, they burn gasoil. This is more akin to avgas, parrafin or deisel.

The only real way to go is nuclear, I know it is not politically correct to advocate for nuclear these days, but it is the only renewable fuel that has enough generation capacity to replace the fossil burning power stations.

Ok now Ive heard it all, nuclear energy renewable?!! :rolleyes: there is the little issue of the toxic waste left that we have yet to find a way of dealing with. No one supports an expansion of the nuclear elec industry (exept perhap BNF!) because it is expensive and so potentially dangerous to the environment. Ok so it may not produce global warming in the true sense but the ready brek effect is pretty nasty!

Burning any fossil fuels whether oil or gas contributes to an increase in the atmospheric CO2 levels. The only safe way to go forward is either totally renewable sources or by burning naturally grown fuels, they are carbon neutral. Why arent wind farms green in the energy sense? the technology is relatively inexpensive and efficient. however it will never produce enough to keep us in power...... Were doomed I tell you were all doomed! (Well those living near the sea anyway!) Rant over.

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Nightwing,

angyfinger.gif

LOL :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Errr - if it helps Elton, the Imperial Gallon you folks use is about 20% larger than our Gallon. 160 fluid oz vs 128 fluid oz to be precise.

In case you wondered (or even if you didn't) the difference is your fault.

The American colonists adopted the English wine gallon of 231 cubic inches, and used it for all purposes. The English of that period used this wine gallon, but they also had another gallon, the ale gallon of 282 cubic inches. In 1824, the British abandoned these two gallons when they adopted the British Imperial gallon, which they defined as the volume of 10 pounds of water, at a temperature of 62°F, which, by calculation, is equivalent to 277.42 cubic inches - much closer to the ale gallon than the wine gallon.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

LOL - ziggy, I'd love to be back to a time when $23 would fill my tank.

I burn gasoline rather than diesel (but the cost is about the same right now) but my tank is a little larger. About 25+ gal to fill it up I think although I never let it run too far down (fuel injected systems hate to go dry).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Its about time they had a protest again and did what they did last time when that farmer bloke nearly brought the country to a halt.

We just keep filling our tanks up and say nowt or do nowt.

The Oil company's and the the rest just get richer.

The bloody farce of a goverment just let the oil company's do what they like and we the common working man and woman get shafted everytime. :mad:

Where is it all going to end?

aah right, my tank is 50litres, about 11 gallons, but i'm glad that amused you ! my company says they are going to buy me a turbot diesil soon, i assume that will run on fish oil, now that will be expensive, 100ml of pilchard oil costs about £4.50