Bird Flu...Problem or Hype

deanbmw

So acording to the Press 50,000 of us in the UK alone are going to die from Bird flu.

Seems to me the scaremongers are at it again because some ducks in Turkey have got a nasty cold....And the panic buyings started no Heinz Beans in Tesco's

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The constant worries about where the H5N1 bird-flu is at any one point in time is just so much media hype but if/when it stops being bird-flu and starts being people-flu it's going to leave continents reeling and so many people dead that the bodies will be left on the streets to rot.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken L:

The constant worries about where the H5N1 bird-flu is at any one point in time is just so much media hype but if/when it stops being bird-flu and starts being people-flu it's going to leave continents reeling and so many people dead that the bodies will be left on the streets to rot.

So it's just like 'normal' flu then ?

Millions die of 'normal' Flu each year and many more so when the pandemics strike. Currently it's bird flu that affects a few people. Something like 70 deaths worldwide in the last year to 18 months I believe - hardly serious in the great scheme of things.

At the moment this whole thing is just grossly exaggerated by the media, creating a mini hysteria (IMO). There are loads of what if's and different 'experts' speculating different outcomes. The simple fact is no-one knows what may happen, if anything. The virus has to mutate in a precise manner to become transmissible between humans - which may happen but is hardly a given, as some would have us believe.

Rob.

I think the point here is that only 60 people have died from this flu, but thats out of 100 that caught it :( this means its pretty nasty but very hard for us to catch. But and heres the but, if it crosses with a normal flu virus it might be easier for us to catch and if in the process it doesnt become less fatal there could be a real problem. Its also more than a bird with a cold, they swell up and die bleeding/leaking from every bodily hole, not nice I assure you!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

deanbmw:

And the panic buyings started no Heinz Beans in Tesco's

Thats not panic buying its cos they havent filled the shelves again! :rolleyes:

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

were all gonna die ,reminds me of a doomwatch (or name to that effect)series of old :D

no more chicken shagging for me despite how much they plead and put on that come on look :mad:

you can bet our turkish friends are bottling the essence and offering it a high prices to our other foreign friend for uk distribution right now

[ 17. October 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

no more chicken shagging for me despite how much they plead and put on that come on look :mad:

You should be alright just make sure they use a comdom

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

it tears :( especially in the tesco freezers there 4 degrees colder than sainsburies

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson