No rods allowed abroad

me

NathaN your a star, you really are a breath of fresh air, you really find some good topics :)

You will be able to store your rods in the cargo hold, what it means is they don't want you to have it with you in the cabin just in case someone tries to hijack the plane with your best spinning rod.

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

i've got a few travel spin and fly rods, and i always take them as hand baggage, causes a few raised eyebrows at the xray machine, but i've never had any grief

lets not forget, it only means no rods as hand luggage, you can still take them as hold luggage, i'll still be taking mine as carry on, no reason not to!

I have just landed in Texas with three telesopic rods and a six-piece fly-rod, all of which I packed in the hold luggage.

I also put reels in the hold luggage now - I used to put them in my cabin bag, but I heard that someone had a reel confiscated on the grounds the line could be used to garrote or strangle someone.

Best to go along with security whims, no matter how illogical they may seem.

Some years ago I had a trout priest confiscated on the grounds that the BLUNT end could be used by a martial arts expert to put pressure on the carotid artery.

I refrained from pointing out that a REAL martial arts expert could kill with his/her bare hands, lest they take me at my word and fly everyone in handcuffs.

I'm sure we had an armed sky-marshall on the plane. What worries me is the question " How long before an under-cover terrorist gets a job as a sky-marshall?"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...