Digital SLR's ?

RobStubbs

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the Minolta Z3...(kinda mid range)

...the thang that did it 4 me was the anti-shake

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/z3.html

Liam

ps about £280 from amazon,

1Gig card £50,..

.if you wanna get one...lets us know

..coz charities can get 10%/15% from Amazon

[ 04. December 2004, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]

i recently considered a new camera until i come of my bike which cost me over £1000 to fix but i found this site to be verry helpful for info

http://www.dcviews.com/

Im pretty new to cameras and ive only had a couple so i cant give any advice on different models.When you find the model your after put it into price runner http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/

to see if you can get it cheaper

Regards Paul Mc

that price site doesent even list that super cool fuji S3

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Those who tend to fish alone and therefore require a camera suitable for self-take pictures should look at models which have a flip-around screen (like most video cameras). Being able to frame the picture while in situ removes all guesswork. Not many models offer the facility (Canon and Olympus do; one or two others, too). Combined with an infrared remote release, self-take trophy shots are simplicity itself. I've been using this system (Canon G5) since early summer, and I'm absolutely delighted with it.

why would anyone want a pic of themselves? if they want to see what they look like a mirror is cheaper :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Jim Gibbinson:

I can't find any processing lab that will process pics from my memory card (or a disk, for that matter) as slides. When I wanted some slides for a recent slide-show/talk I gave, I had to print out my pics and then photograph the prints using slide film.

Sounds like you could do with Powerpoint for you presentations. You only need a laptop computer[or your home jobbie] and a digi projector and away you go. On second thoughts it's probably cheaper to get slides done!

Colin

While I'm exremely impressed with digital projectors, I don't feel that the cost is justified as I restrict myself to very few presentations these days (two or three per year). As you suspect, Colin, it makes better economic sense to get slides done.

Chesters, I was referring to self-take pics in the context of trophy pictures - it hadn't occurred to me that anyone would think otherwise...

Like Jim, I like the revolving screens for self-portraits when fishing. Like Jim I too chose a Canon, in my case the A8, that doesn't accept a remote but is less expensive than the G5. As I've posted before I use an air release rather than an infra-red remote control. Anyone interested can do a search on Angler's Net for lots on this camera.

It isn't an SLR though. As far as I know there isn't a digital SLR on the market with a revolving screen as SLRs work on a different principle.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Other options include using the self timer, put the camera down somethere (using a small tripod, bean bag, or on anything else stable) - see whats in frame with preview shots. Then take a shot from the same place using the the self timer with you standing in it so your in frame.

Just a suggestion. :)

The tripod I use for my SLR is more like the canon on a tank to carry around is far so big and heavy - so a no no for fishing. I did also buy a small one from Velbon for £20 that is just less than a foot long but extends to around 4 foot with telescopic legs ...its a fantastic wee tripod for Digi cameras, it will take an SLR with a physically small lens, but is the business for all Point and Shoot digis. It also comes in a nice cover.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com