St George tie pins banned. Because they MIGHT be racist!!

Slack lines

To get back to the original post, the problem was with prison officers who wear a uniform. The problem with uniforms is that the individual doesn't get to choose what goes into it. If you agree to take a job which requires you to wear a uniform then the employer gets to dictate what the uniform consists of. You can not add your own embellishments, including tie pins, with or without the St George Flag. No-one that I have seen has made any comment about anyone else wearing any other form of St Georges flag, or attempted to prevent them from doing so.

It is a sad fact thet the symbol has to a degree been hi-jacked by a rascist minority such as the National Front, or whatever they call themselves this week. It is also a sad fact that SOME Prison Officers have not been adverse to a "little rascist humour" such as locking up an asian youth with a known violent rascist thug "to see how long he would last" (he was murdered)

If the prison officers boss says that they should not be worn with the uniform - nuff said!

If you want to wear them on your way home in your civvies - no problem.

BTW Dean, I also like bacon sarnies and pork scratchings, and beer is generally brewed from barley, whatever that has to do with anything.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So captain Birdseye

If we don't live where you live, we are not entitled to an opinion?

I think my reply to that would be loosly based around sex and travel

The Swastika was a religious symbol used by many people before the Nazis got hold of it. They tainted it to the point where it is not associated with anything else.

The fact is that many right wing morons and rascists do use the St Georges cross as a symbol. This is not to say, and it has never been suggested, that anyone who displays the St Georges Cross is a right wing moron or a rascist.

To state the obvious truth is neither disgraceful or unpatriotic

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Symbology is a fascinating area when you get into it.

Any of you who have read The Da Vinci Code will know all about symbology.

The 5 pointed star, or pentagram is associated by just about everybody with the devil, evil, satanic rituals and the like. In truth it is an ancient symbol representing femininity and holy godesses.

If the St Georges cross is now more commonly associated with racism than with patriotism then this needs to be accepted. Symbols and their meanings change over time. It's just the way that it is.

The point about uniforms is also well made. If your job requires you to wear a uniform and leave it unmodified then this must be adhered to.

Not really sure what my point is here, just wanted to post about the symbology that's all. :)

DR

captain birdseye:

I say there Scap old chap you put your foot in it there old boy.

You appear to be the forums spokeman on racist issues and soon jump on someones back with your holier than though attitude.

I think when you live amongst Asians and muslims you can have your say old chap but whilst you live up in the Orkneys away from any muslims.asylum seekers Asians e.t.c i think its best you keep your comments to yourself eh what.

Im proud of the st George flag and find your remarks about Right wing morons and the racists using it as there symbol a tad disgracefull and unpatriotic.

I think its time i changed my Avatar old boy as your not the upstanding fellow i though you was.

Well Captain, I am sorry if I have disappointed you. But if one should sit back and ignore offensive behaviour to be "Up standing" then call me a degenerate. I would object to vandals and other criminals too.

Where ever you live your national symbol should be a matter of pride. The fact that some distastful elements have hi-jacked it is a case for wresting it from them for it's honourable display.( I kinda feel the same about my Avatar)

If some amongst us are happy for St George's cross to be tainted then you can't be surprised when it is not thought fit to embellish official uniforms.

And BTW Dean I have just finished a bacon sarine for my breakfast but as Sportsman says "What has that got to do with anything???"

Cheers

Scapa

[ 08. October 2005, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Scapanapper ]

bacon sarnie are you some sort of commie ,bacon is designed to rest on rolls ,not rolls made of french bread mix that some bakers use but a english type mix :rolleyes:

i can use the word english because the more roll fetishists already know that they'r is a scots morniing roll (best used for fried eggs mmmmm) as to the welsh i only know of one bread and thats a vegetable?? and nothing about their rolls :P

its not really an issue about the english flag is it ? the only time you see them is on some pricks car when overpaid schoolboy brained footballers are playing a foreigner other from that their rarer than teeth in a bombay duck :rolleyes:

its sickening when officials declair our flag racist at one time just the sight of it stopped wars! now it only seems to start ones internally (cant find the word but the americans and charles1 new what it was)

[ 08. October 2005, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson