Autumn River Campaign

Chris Plumb

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had a few perch this weekend, but even added all together I don't think they'd make 4lb 10oz!

Similar story here although my 3 caught this evening wouldn't have reached half that weight.

However, there is hope. Trotting lob tails hard against reeds at dusk worked well today, the bites came as the light started to go and stopped about an hour later. The problem I have is that a lot of the canal is reed lined and finding the swims that the bigger Perch like will take a while. Good fun looking though.

I don't often fish with a proper plan, I may have to re-think that approach if I'm to catch a Perch worthy of this thread.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I reckon that that one of our members will catch a very elusive four this winter....possibly a five?

It won't be me, as I've struggled for two years to beat my PB of 2lb 14oz, but it won't be for want of trying!

Janet

I don't imagine that it will be me either, the fishin' is already dying off, and all but will have in a month.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

My bloddy internet connection has been down all weekend at home - so haven't been able to announce that I broke my PB Perch for the 2nd consecutive Saturday!!! This time I thought I'd cracked it as the needle slid past 4lbs, alas it settled 2oz light! Pics when I'm up and running at home again!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

My bloddy internet connection has been down all weekend at home - so haven't been able to announce that I broke my PB Perch for the 2nd consecutive Saturday!!! This time I thought I'd cracked it as the needle slid past 4lbs, alas it settled 2oz light! Pics when I'm up and running at home again!

C.

That's fantastic, congratulations Chris :thumbs: What a belter! It's starting to look like my guess may fall short after all, you must be so close to a 4 now, imagine what that one would weigh in mid-March...

(I bet you've never been so glad to be at work :D )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

(I bet you've never been so glad to be at work :D )

True - been really frustrating weekend - though I did text my mate Paul after it happened! This fish was from a new swim - and paradoxically the last fish of the session - caught in full sunlight. This is the 1st 3 I've had this autumn that hasn't been caught in the 1st hour of daylight. I can't wait to return to this swim for a crack of dawn session!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog