And about time too!

Jim Roper

Thanks Phil.

We have this stupid cross hatching in Cheltenham. Brenda has progressive MS and is now wheelchair bound, and apart from it being difficult to get across, it is damned unpleasant.

I was looking for this newspaper article but couldn't find it.

A 14 year old, texting while cycling through the "pedestrianised" area of Cheltenham, hit a 78 year old woman so hard he broke her leg and, when she fell, her hip. the little scrote fetched his bike and shouted that she should have got out of his way and started to ride off. A 70 year old man stopped him by putting his stick through the bikes spokes.

When the police arrived they decided they were NOT going to prosecute as said scrote was only 14!

The stick man was charged with criminal damage to the bike and "a reckless action that could have caused serious injury!

JUSTICE?????

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem here is the tendancy to treat all cyclists as if they were some spotti 15 year old with no lights, no helmet, no breaks and no sence of social responsiblility. Clearly that doesn't describe most cyclists because most of them are" invisible" to you and the only cyclists that enter your conciousness do so because they're acting like knobs - therefore in your mind, all cyclists act like knobs.

Same goes for women drivers. Most are perfectly good drivers (the insurance companies certanly seem to think so) but if you see a stupid manouver and the driver happens to be femail, it will re-inforce your prejudacies in a may that iwouldn't happen if the idiot were male.

Same goes for kids in hoodies or black people or whatever minority people have negative stereotypes about. You simply don't notice the ones that act responsibly, but as soon as a line is crossed, they stand out and reinforce your internal preducice

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm no great fan of SOME of KB's views but this kind of constant name calling and poking is tiresome.

I'll second that.

KB is, at least, on 'legal' drugs as far as I understand.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I'm no great fan of SOME of KB's views but this kind of constant name calling and poking is tiresome.

Put me on ignore then, or don't, whichever is cool with me...........

I have made a point lately to observe all cyclists. I would put the sensible, responsible cyclists at 40%, no more. And, they are not all spotty teenagers - what about the middle aged woman going up a slight incline, standing on pedals and wobbling dangerously from side to side, and there is the "professional" bike rider, all kitted up in lycra shorts and sporting a helmet. He will weave through traffic at the lights, get on the pavement and then cross the road using the PEDESTRIAN crossing against the lights, only to get back on the road again!

As for women drivers, stop to let them through where a parked car makes impossible for two cars to pass and they drive past, eyes in front, ignoring you. A man, on the other hand, will usually acknowledge the courteous gesture!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest Brumagem Phil
Put me on ignore then, or don't, whichever is cool with me...........

NO! YOU modify your tone mate....play the ball not the man.

Well I can't PM you can I, you've turned it off, I wasted 5 minutes writing some of the most Tucker-esque filth I could summon, and for what.....

'sorry this member is not using the messenger'

I have no idea why you're getting so agitated over someone you don't know writing things on a forum about somebody else you don't know.......

Not a bad bit of entertainment for a cycling topic i suppose. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..