Guess the weight competition

tiddlertamer

I’ll go out on a limb on the grounds that guess the weight competitions always have a surprise result.

So it’s either 2lbs 1oz or 7lb 6oz and I’ll plump for the latter.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll go out on a limb on the grounds that guess the weight competitions always have a surprise result.

So it’s either 2lbs 1oz or 7lb 6oz and I’ll plump for the latter.

I'm afraid the fun and games are over.

I don't have dimensions for the landing net but it was big. As big as this chub.

Which did indeed weigh in at a mighty 7lb 6os. :clap:

Well done Rusty - your trophy is in the post so should be with you by the NewYear. :rolleyes:

If I'd posted a photo of one of my own fish, then 2lbs 1 oz would indeed have won the day... :)

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Well played Rusty :D

What a huge chub. Maybe this winter the Thames will be kind to me and reward me with something similar (well it might!).

Incidentally TT, how big is the chub in your avatar? It looks big...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

7lbs 6oz of chunky chubness a very fine fish ,i'll have to get me one that size one of these days if i should be so lucky

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Well done Rusty - your trophy is in the post so should be with you by the NewYear. :rolleyes:

Why thank you, I look forward to receiving a very angry bluebottle. What a shame I can't actually catch fish that size :rolleyes:

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well played Rusty :D

What a huge chub. Maybe this winter the Thames will be kind to me and reward me with something similar (well it might!).

Incidentally TT, how big is the chub in your avatar? It looks big...

Well seeing as our fun with the monster chub has come to an end, I'll post a photo of my avatar chub to the forum for more guess work.

Apologies in advance as it was taken in the days before I carried an unhooking mat but the grass could have doubled up as a bouncy castle it being so soft and bouncy... :)

And yes I know it pales into insignificance with the monster chub but it was the best I could do!

(Anybody guessing under 1lb gets pushed in the carrier at the Timsbury Fish-in. :)

IMG_5071.jpg

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

I was just about to post this and I noticed you had given the weight. Damn I was too late.

When I did a web search I came across one reported from the Trent of 54cm long and 6lb when weighed.

The picture looks like it is shot from above the head (not from the middle) so the shot may not be giving the fishes true length/shape.

If the Abu Specimen net is the 30" one then the nose to fork measurement looks like it could be roughly around the 30" (76cm) mark so not having seen a weight for length chart for Chub I guess that it may be approx 7½lb at least?.

If thats even vaguely correct then what a fabulous Chub.

Now what rod is that lying alongside your avatar chub?

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Well seeing as our fun with the monster chub has come to an end, I'll post a photo of my avatar chub to the forum for more guess work.

Apologies in advance as it was taken in the days before I carried an unhooking mat but the grass could have doubled up as a bouncy castle it being so soft and bouncy... :)

And yes I know it pales into insignificance with the monster chub but it was the best I could do!

(Anybody guessing under 1lb gets pushed in the carrier at the Timsbury Fish-in. :)

IMG_5071.jpg

5lb?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music