Shoot the Messenger

ColinW

Cannabis is not a harmless bit of fun...Janet

Few things are 100% safe. We are constantly informed about a whole range of things which are potentially harmful, alcohol and tobacco aside, lots of the foodstuffs we eat apparently put us at risk. Driving is a risky activity, but we still do it, even when it is only for recreational purposes, when fishing the boat could sink and the lifejacket fail. Climbing can be danerous, most sports carry a risk. Being aware of these risks is of course helpful, and narratives like yours are valuable in helping us make decisions. The point is, at least what I believe is that we should be able to decide for ourselves what we do with our lives and bodies, rather than being forbidden by civil servants (politicians) who would enter so deeply into our private lives and dominate us.

Cannabis use may present risks, so does lots of other things we dont have to do, but do them anyway. Educate people, expand the discourse on it and on everything else, then let people decide for themselves, if it turns bad then they should accept responsibilty for their own actions.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few things are 100% safe. We are constantly informed about a whole range of things which are potentially harmful, alcohol and tobacco aside, lots of the foodstuffs we eat apparently put us at risk. Driving is a risky activity, but we still do it, even when it is only for recreational purposes, when fishing the boat could sink and the lifejacket fail. Climbing can be danerous, most sports carry a risk. Being aware of these risks is of course helpful, and narratives like yours are valuable in helping us make decisions. The point is, at least what I believe is that we should be able to decide for ourselves what we do with our lives and bodies, rather than being forbidden by civil servants (politicians) who would enter so deeply into our private lives and dominate us.

Cannabis use may present risks, so does lots of other things we dont have to do, but do them anyway. Educate people, expand the discourse on it and on everything else, then let people decide for themselves, if it turns bad then they should accept responsibilty for their own actions.

I'm inclined to agree with the laissez-faire philosophy.

Whilst I sympathise with those who get caught up in the presumed horrors of addicition (not having been addicted, I can only assume and take thers' word for it), ultimately we have self determination and or discipline and at some time must be held accountable. My sympathy wanes a little for the users as they seem oblivious to the idea of caring for the effects of their actions on others.

I drink sparingly, although I must by now be the Anti-Christ having spent Friday night turnng wine into water!

I don't smoke - I saw my father die from smoking realted illnesses.

I don't do drugs - I had a couple of spliffs at 19 and was violently sick.

The above are all personal choices based upon seeing wat happens to others who cannot, for whatever reason, say no.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Won't work, if you employ someone who's mind is elsewhere, under the influence, who do you think will bear the responsibility if something does go wrong, as and when, because sure as heck it will. It won't be the person who is chilled out will it.

It's called a duty of care in this pc age.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Won't work, if you employ someone who's mind is elsewhere, under the influence, who do you think will bear the responsibility if something does go wrong, as and when, because sure as heck it will. It won't be the person who is chilled out will it.

It's called a duty of care in this pc age.

In the absence of complete mandatory drug testing, the employer should be absolved from responsibility.

The individual has a duty of care for themselves according the the Health & Safety authorities and in the event of anything happening that's the frist port of call. For example, in the event of an incident on a train, irrespective of the driver's invovment, the frst thing done is the isolation and testing of the driver for drink / drugs.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The police used to stop people in cars and test for driving under the influence - now the check for drink AND drugs. I have been told stories by those who have been "tripping" while using weed:

corners disappearing and becoming voids,becoming paranoid and, most worryingly, taking risks while under the influence.

IMHO the government, for once, are absolutely right.

After all wouild you like to be T-boned by someone "high" and didn't see the stop sign?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription