Shoot the Messenger

ColinW

Silly comment. Young people do lots of things they probably shouldn't. I don't know anyone killed by smoking pot. I know one killed falling off a rock face, two killed riding motorbikes and three drowned when their fishing boat went down. So on that basis kids would be better sat at home smoking than out in the big bad real world doing the "dangerous stuff" young people enjoy doing. Just what is the point of being young and behaving like an old man?

P.S. If you think fifty year old doctors, dentists, engineers and businessmen are role models that kids aspire to you live in a different world to me!

Silly comment..jeez you are getting so arrogant, and as far as your reply is concerned it really is a hotch potch of irresponsible twaddle. As a father of three sons I can tell you that pot can harm...big time, thankfully only the one was caught up in the mess that was sort of forced on him by his peers. You see he wasn't really one of them until he smoked pot with them, it DID cause him mental problems, it DOESN'T cause everyone the same problems agreed, but thankfully he is clean of all narcotics now apart from tobbaco and booze and I had to as a father step in when the pot smoking got out of hand, we even moved from the small town that we lived at the time. That helped.

I have never put too many constraints on my sons, I believe they should enjoy taking risks, and they do, but it would be nice if they grew old too, not die a young heroin addict as so often is the case for those who start just smoking pot for a bit of fun.

But then again we apparently live in different worlds...well thankfully, we do.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly comment..jeez you are getting so arrogant, and as far as your reply is concerned it really is a hotch potch of irresponsible twaddle. As a father of three sons I can tell you that pot can harm...big time, thankfully only the one was caught up in the mess that was sort of forced on him by his peers. You see he wasn't really one of them until he smoked pot with them, it DID cause him mental problems, it DOESN'T cause everyone the same problems agreed, but thankfully he is clean of all narcotics now apart from tobbaco and booze and I had to as a father step in when the pot smoking got out of hand, we even moved from the small town that we lived at the time. That helped.

I have never put too many constraints on my sons, I believe they should enjoy taking risks, and they do, but it would be nice if they grew old too, not die a young heroin addict as so often is the case for those who start just smoking pot for a bit of fun.

But then again we apparently live in different worlds...well thankfully, we do.

Rabbit

Most of the alcoholics I know started out drinking shandy, and by the way, Cannabis is not a narcotic, sorry.

You seem pleased that your sons takes tobacco and alcohol, now that is curious. If you want them to grow old I would suggest that you have a word because neither of those two dangerous drugs are likely to support that outcome.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Rabbit

Most of the alcoholics I know started out drinking shandy, and by the way, Cannabis is not a narcotic, sorry.

You seem pleased that your sons takes tobacco and alcohol, now that is curious. If you want them to grow old I would suggest that you have a word because neither of those two dangerous drugs are likely to support that outcome.

Just love having the last word don't you?

People are spilling their hearts out about personal family experiences and all you want to do is self right yourself and condescend.

SPORTSMAN , well and truely on my ignore list , you're the first too , i like to agree to disagree with a lot of things but you seem to be something else.

Happy slating , slurring and condescending to peoples posts , as your signature quite rightly states. <_<<_<<_<

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

not die a young heroin addict as so often is the case for those who start just smoking pot for a bit of fun.

such an age old myth! i wouldnt touch the stuff ,but again many probably have gone from pot to heroin.

but the same could be said that it starts at tabbaco!

why do people continue to point the finger at pot as a START of all drugs missuse?

it starts at alcohol/fags and works up (not with everyone but its the first rung non the less)

rabbit moving to a small town is one of the best ways to find it quicker!(unless you move to a small town in somewhere like the canadian mountains:)

its everywhere really and as teenagers they will soon find the friends that can score it even in the most remote areas,it really comes down to your sons ability to say no and not moving to the back of beyond.

if you taught him well then it shouldnt take moving at all but i admit its easier said than done when offer`d a quick smoke so you did what you thought right in his delicate state.

anyone would if they could!(but not everyone can)

the new strain of skunk is laced apparently with cocaine and is from bobmarley country and its very potent (ive heard:)

any home grown in this country is third rate crap!

stop the boats and stop the import simples!:)

but back to the scientist!

if the politcians think they are right and hes wrong then tbh it wouldnt make a first to ignore the people below them!!

they do it to us lot everyday!

what is the saying

if it bad it just looks good(i dunno)but tell a child not to touch something and your only fueling the want even more!

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

That just about sums up my feelings toward users of 'recreational drugs', booze and fags.

Boy racers who steal to buy fuel for their jaunts, also!

Do like the avatar, nice one. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just love having the last word don't you?

People are spilling their hearts out about personal family experiences and all you want to do is self right yourself and condescend.

SPORTSMAN , well and truely on my ignore list , you're the first too , i like to agree to disagree with a lot of things but you seem to be something else.

Happy slating , slurring and condescending to peoples posts , as your signature quite rightly states. <_<<_<<_<

Well you won't see this then :clap2::clap::sun:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

In today's news, the government's chief scientific advisor also agrees with Nutt that alcohol and tobacco are worse than cannabis:

Government divisons over the sacking of its chief drug adviser deepened yesterday as its most senior scientist backed Professor David Nutt for saying that cannabis was less harmful than alcohol.

Professor John Beddington, the Chief Scientific Adviser, said research showing the drug to be less dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes was “absolutely clear cut”, though he stopped short of criticising Alan Johnson’s decision to dismiss him.

Professor Beddington’s intervention came as it emerged that Lord Drayson, the Science and Innovation Minister, e-mailed No 10 at the weekend to say that he was “pretty appalled” by the Home Secretary’s move, which had the scientific community “up in arms”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/a...amp;attr=797084

I suppose he's also making it up because he's a secret pothead?

Guest Brumagem Phil

I think you lot all need to invest in light boxes for your sad syndrome!!!

Before anyone slags me, I bought one last year and have been using it and so far i'm doin ok this year.....well not so bad anyway. :D

............use the force luke...........

Guest Brumagem Phil
In today's news, the government's chief scientific advisor also agrees with Nutt that alcohol and tobacco are worse than cannabis:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/a...amp;attr=797084

I suppose he's also making it up because he's a secret pothead?

I think anyone with half a brain can see that alcohol and tobacco damage more lives than pot, but the government will continue to lie to us while there is excise revenue to be had from the former.

I think you lot all need to invest in light boxes for your sad syndrome!!!

Before anyone slags me, I bought one last year and have been using it and so far i'm doin ok this year.....well not so bad anyway. :D

No slagging from me, there's loads of evidence that light therapy is effective for SAD :thumbs::D

Bet you'd rather treat it with this though:

beach_caribbean.jpg

;)

I think anyone with half a brain can see that alcohol and tobacco damage more lives than pot, but the government will continue to lie to us while there is excise revenue to be had from the former.

Well, and so long as the red-tops prevent any sensible discussion of drugs policy by scaring the crap out of people.