viney

hi all! thought id join up here as ive just taken up fishing again for the first time since i was 13 (now 21)

im from newbury in berkshire and normally fish behind northcroft until the next season when ill join thatcham angling :)

only caught a few roach from the river and a small trout from the weir pool (any advice on methods to fish there would be much appreciated!)

also fished barton court on sunday, everyone was spinning so we gave that a go drawing a blank until about 1 i switched to floating a double maggot and hooked into a 3lb pike!

this was followed by 6 perch, best days fishing so far!

is there many other free or good day ticket waters (preferably river/canal) around the newbury area as i dont want to join a club halfway through the season,

hope for some good advice :) Matt

Hi there Viney

I joined NAA last year and they also do a half years permit i think you have submit your application and ask for it to start on January 01st and it is only 25 quid not bad considering you can easily pay up to 6 quid for a day ticket water, this will give you then access to some really good waters especially in the winter (speen moors can be particulalrly good in the winter)

Hope this helps

sparky

Welcome aboard Viney

There are a few stretches of the lower Kennet available on a day ticket via the Reading & District Angling Association (RDAA) have a look on their website or call in at any of the Reading tackle shops and they should point you in the right direction.

Quote Rusty TAA is fairly easy to join, just go to Thatcham Angling with a passport sized photo and Tony (the jolly proprietor) will sort out the rest.

Tony is all right just dont make the mistake of asking him what trade is like or how his day has been ,Well not if you want to get out fishing the same day :lol: Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Quote Rusty TAA is fairly easy to join, just go to Thatcham Angling with a passport sized photo and Tony (the jolly proprietor) :lol: will sort out the rest.

Tony is all right just dont make the mistake of asking him what trade is like or how his day has been ,Well not if you want to get out fishing the same day :lol: Steve.