Deluxe Floats

Jeffwill

Hi Guys,

Some of you may not have seen this, it is a float making insight I wrote for another website, but it will help anyone who is looking at making their own.

Making a Cork on Cane Float

best regards

George

Nice one George.Welcome to AN by the way hope you can contribute some more. Ive always fancied a small lathe like that what sort of price are they?

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one George.Welcome to AN by the way hope you can contribute some more. Ive always fancied a small lathe like that what sort of price are they?

These people are quite good suppliers http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/acatalog/Unimat_4_Lathe.html.

Unimats are good lathes but anything will do, I use my Model A Boxford to make mine, a bit of overkill but.........it was there :)

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

hi ,budgie i have this one ,

6bc5df82-95e0-45d0-9497-9c8d00f8be1a_775x383v1.jpg

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Ma...s/C0-Baby-Lathe

these can be had cheaper off e-bay ,but without the extra's 250530157706

thats how got mine off e-bay ,and i've too get the extras as & when i need them .

they're no bigger than a sewing machine .

DSCF1504.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Thanks for the welcome, Like steve has posted above me shop around for a lathe, I shopped around and sought advice & steve gave me a lot of good info & feedback on the one he had and others but I settled with the Unimat, purely because I didnt want to keep going out to the shed to do some work & I dont have a USA like steve ;)...lol

I bought mine from an outlet on Ebay myself as I found them to be cheaper than the registered UK outlet for unimat. If you purely want it for turning float bodies and thats it go for the basic set up which I think is going for around £115. If you want more advanced and want it to do more then go for the classic which is over £200.

Look around your nearest town especially if you have farm outlets as they stock some also, I went to boroughbridge and had a look at 7 but finally settled for the unimat, purely because of size & weight & it did everything I wanted it to do.

This is a link to the manufacturers website in austria for the one I have, lots of good info but do shop around you can definately save yourself some serious money.

Cooltool

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/