Almost 2 PB's

poledark

Your fishing does seem to revolve around big highs and lows Den! Another great day's piking, and I expect uoi'll be back for the monster. Wobble a 3lb bream, that'll do it :D

I am always very jealous of your winter piking, since leaving Norfolk I've always struggled to find good pike fishing.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

No bream in that lake Andrew. As you say, ups and downs, but I can "relax" now regarding pike, the only danger is becoming complacant and not working at the fishing.

I have struggled with the carp for several months lately (along with most others) but they seem to have switched on now I am piking :)

Back to the fray :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Very nice Den.

2 X 20s in a day is quite a feat and well worth ramming down peoples' throats from now till you die. I'd bang on about that for years.

:thumbs:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Very nice Den.

2 X 20s in a day is quite a feat and well worth ramming down peoples' throats from now till you die. I'd bang on about that for years.

:thumbs:

Any excuse Andy ;)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Sorry to keep on, but, I had another good day today. Same lake, different swim, 8 fish up to this..

twentyone6oz.jpg

21lb 6oz

The difference it makes having someone there to take a pic :)

Den

Edited by poledark

Wadda you mean Janet? That is a posh hat :)

Den

Slowed down today, had two "come off" only smalish I think, and then waited for ages and had a 19lb 6oz :)

Andrew, yes, deadbaits, herrings cut in half, and two no6 trebles. The head half is hooked thro' the lip and body, the tail half thro' the tail and body.

Most fish "lightly" hooked, usually only one treble getting hold.

My own "drop off" indicators, open bail. I am only using two rods, and as soon as one bleeps, I wind the other in as fast as possible (a few seconds) and this allows me to play the fish without the distraction of possible tangles and possible damage to the fish.

Last Monday the bailiff was chatting when one rod went, and he asked me if he should wind in the other rod. I said "hang on a bit, it is well to the left, so wait and see what the hooked fish does" You can guess the rest....the rod he was holding also took off :) I landed the first and quickly unhooked and returned it, and I then let him land his first ever pike :)

One trick worth trying...I often cast out, then rewind and cast back to the same spot. I did this today, actually cast 3 times and got the take within a minute.

Another thing which is helping; the bottom is covered in dead dying weed, and using a float setup it drags the bait and probably buries it in the weed. So I dispensed with the float and used a 1oz running lead, and set the indicators as light as possible. They can be counterbalanced to just rest on the line :)

When I fished this lake last winter, I couldn't get past 14 and a half, but this last few days I have had 3X20+, a 19+, 1X18+, 1X17+, 3X 16+, 4X15+, 1X14+ and the rest were over Ten except for a couple. 21 fish landed, 1 lost in rushes, one "carried off" and 6 shed the hooks. Could have been a total of 29 fish (two rods)

Den

Edited by poledark