European rules threaten to "smother sea angling"

Anglers' Net

Bloody hell let it lie will you, it was only a joke :P . Im sure I've said far worse and its gone unnoticed. What I said was just a bit of gentle banter and its not my fault hes had a sense of humour byepass.

Sharky I know you have good intentions but the Angling Trust has sunk itself. It will need more air bags than the Mary Rose to get it afloat again. They keep dancing around the issues scarred to say anything at all incase they offend anyone. If they think we should be allowed unconditional access to MCZ then they should come out and say it. Conversely if they think we should have bag limits in there or bait collecting permits, or any other restricitions they should say that too. Dancing around the issue does them no favours and we need to know what the policy is so that we can choose to support them, or not..

If they come out and say they oppose any restrictions on sea anglers in MCZ then Ill send them a check tomorrow.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I said was just a bit of gentle banter and its not my fault hes had a sense of humour byepass.

I made my apology to Elton, no comment.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
We pay the 'powers that be' their wages.

I am surprised that you have overlooked that minor point, Challenge.

PS. Barry Luxton and Glenn, you need your heads banging together. You've both got some bloody good points to make. Instead of tearing strips off of each other, email the AT and tell them what you expect.

No shark byte I certainly didn’t overlook that point. I was only trying to establish what different peoples views are.

People are quite within there rights to criticize the powers that be and the commercial fishermen come to that.

Some people seam to want recreational anglers and there hobby left alone, fair point but within these groups some are happy to of left there heads below the parapet when it comes to sharing there seas with other parties. Yet some within the afore mentioned group want to have no accountability but at the same time put there heads well above the parapet and demand change at every given opportunity.

Issues with the commercial sector where raised long before the AT came along, do you think that these issues (understandable raised by the people who pay the powers that be) along with recreational anglers wanting to be heard could of been a detrimental contribution to the way things are today?

Regards.

Hi Glenn

Getting genuine anglers such yourself and Barry to sort themselves out is not defending the AT.

Real anglers uniting is the only antidote to crap representation and draconian restrictions being placed on sea anglers. Codes of conduct, strategies, signage, are just examples of the currency that plastic anglers use to buy their way in with the likes of SFC's, DEFRA and Natural England.

Whether the AT might sink or swim is, at this point in time, irrelevant. They are the NGB for angling right now. What the future holds, I do not know.

What I do realise is that if the AT were to be around for the next 100 years, or fold tomorrow and real anglers didn't join forces, we'd be in for a whole world of hurt!

The AT would get bogged down with in-fighting with very little in the way of clear direction or every Tom, Dick and Harry with an insatiable desire to interfere with genuine anglers and cook up codes of conduct, strategies, bans on methods and practises etc. would set up an free, web based group and soon have a stranglehold on the future of our sport. SFC's, DEFRA and Natural England just love a plastic angler, or five, that can be exploited as a path of least resistance.

Email the AT and request an answer to your question. :)

FWIW, as Essex RSA rep for the AT, I will absolutely be opposing any restrictions on sea anglers in MCZ's. That opposition is not simply a bloody minded defense of my favourite pastime, it is due to the fact that there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that RSA's are having anything other than a negligible impact on the marine environment.

FWIW, as Essex RSA rep for the AT, I will absolutely be opposing any restrictions on sea anglers in MCZ's. That opposition is not simply a bloody minded defense of my favourite pastime, it is due to the fact that there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that RSA's are having anything other than a negligible impact on the marine environment.

Well this guy in his paper including his freindly emotive divers have made a big point in implying that anglers are damaging to the fish stocks, i have no doubt that some of the ngo's etc will be rubbing their hands with glee in reading it and using it.

http://www.liv.ac.uk/marinebiology/DOCUMEN...eportJune23.pdf

He concentrates on two specis, the conger eel and the wrasse in particular. Don't know why as there is no correlation between the two, they don't really live together, not on wrecks that is. While his divers and himself are trying to put two and two together, coming up with five on an offshore wreck. The implication that he puts across with so many blind alleys, bluffs, insinuations within his paper, like damage allededly to the conger, yet none regarding the wrasse? Huh. He makes the angler appear to be some sort of baddie with regards to the mcz's.

Don't read too much of it Steve as there is certainly a lot of piffle in it, you have been warned. :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Glenn

Getting genuine anglers such yourself and Barry to sort themselves out is not defending the AT.

Real anglers uniting is the only antidote to crap representation and draconian restrictions being placed on sea anglers. Codes of conduct, strategies, signage, are just examples of the currency that plastic anglers use to buy their way in with the likes of SFC's, DEFRA and Natural England.

Whether the AT might sink or swim is, at this point in time, irrelevant. They are the NGB for angling right now. What the future holds, I do not know.

What I do realise is that if the AT were to be around for the next 100 years, or fold tomorrow and real anglers didn't join forces, we'd be in for a whole world of hurt!

The AT would get bogged down with in-fighting with very little in the way of clear direction or every Tom, Dick and Harry with an insatiable desire to interfere with genuine anglers and cook up codes of conduct, strategies, bans on methods and practises etc. would set up an free, web based group and soon have a stranglehold on the future of our sport. SFC's, DEFRA and Natural England just love a plastic angler, or five, that can be exploited as a path of least resistance.

Email the AT and request an answer to your question. :)

Hi Wayne I do have respect for what you are doing. I do however have a very long memory and it was the NFSA and now the Angling Trust and Bass with the BMP that led us down this path of recognition in the first place. Did you ask them to do that ? did I ask them to do that, have they apologised since ?? Have they booted out the people who led us down that track or are they still all having cosy little meetings about how I will be allowed to enjoy my sport in the years to come. I will bet my bottom dollar that the likes of Roskilly and his sideshow bob mate Dave Morton are still there calling the shots. What they have done and pushed for is the cause of the problems we now face, and by not showing them the door the Angling Trust is sending us the message that they support what Leon Roskilly and Dave Morton want.

So what chance have we of change ?? Whilst Roskilly and Morton are there then you will never get to a point where the real issues for sea anglers are effectively challenged because these people are not real sea anglers and they have no understanding of the real issues we face, they are just people who pick up a rod once in a while and claim to know all about the rest of us. If you ask me the Angling Trust needs to distance themselves from these people by a considerable margin before they can ever become a credible Sea Angling Representative body. The odds are stacked against this organisation in so many ways that I just dont see a way for them to ever get out of it. As I said, they are sunk.

Hi Glenn

Again, you seem to be assuming that because I sit on the AT Marine Committee, I am selling the AT. I am not.

What I am doing is urging you, or any other angler, to contact the AT and state your case.

It is all very well me turning up at a meeting and raising Cain about the deadbeats that swarm around angling representation, like flies around sh1t......but what are you going to do? Forums certainly have their uses, and are great for a public exchange of views, but will they influence what goes on behind closed doors? No. The hides on the buggers that would quite happily sail us down the river are thicker than a Rhino's.

I couldn't give a monkey's whether anglers backed the AT or the Pouting Liberation Army. What I do know is that if people like you (people with long memories and an understanding of what's gone wrong) do not pull their fingers out now, and unite, the charlatans will decide our fate!

Hi Glenn

Again, you seem to be assuming that because I sit on the AT Marine Committee, I am selling the AT. I am not.

What I am doing is urging you, or any other angler, to contact the AT and state your case.

It is all very well me turning up at a meeting and raising Cain about the deadbeats that swarm around angling representation, like flies around sh1t......but what are you going to do? Forums certainly have their uses, and are great for a public exchange of views, but will they influence what goes on behind closed doors? No. The hides on the buggers that would quite happily sail us down the river are thicker than a Rhino's.

I couldn't give a monkey's whether anglers backed the AT or the Pouting Liberation Army. What I do know is that if people like you (people with long memories and an understanding of what's gone wrong) do not pull their fingers out now, and unite, the charlatans will decide our fate!

Nip over to the EU protected sites thread will you Sharkbyte.

I'm not a member of the AT and I was sorely displeased with their sloppy attitude on the coarse fish catch and release stuff but You appear to have a sensible attitude!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Can the ones who have offered stand up please? Not on my behalf, can you make a point of that as well.

I've written to various people, who should have a say in passing legislation, telling them that Lord Mullet does not represent me in any way.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net