European rules threaten to "smother sea angling"

Anglers' Net

You need to pay attention to your personal hygiene. Your hands need a wash and your finger nails are black.

Earning honest money mate, get stuffed. Please understand i will not make another personal comment in return as i do not consider it appropriate for the internet, however if you wish to continue, help your self, set up a post just for your own gratification as i have said previous, please do. Call it the personal glennk slag off post if you like.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, from the exchanges I've just seen, that looks about even-Stevens. Can you please now both refrain from any personal attacks? By the looks of it, you've both got a common interest, so it would be a shame to see a discussion fall to pieces because the passion ran a bit too high.

tia,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Even stevens is fine by me although I wasn't really trying to score any points. Just pointing out with a bit of humour (taken the wrong way) that Mr Luxtons viewpoint has changed from what it once was. He is now starting to realise (Just like myself, and even your good self) that we are part of some great big management scheme with more focus on creating bureaucracy and jobs than fish stock conservation. Also it came as a shock to see him question the sea angling reps at the Angling Trust. Had I of done that he would have been down on me like a ton of bricks regardless of whether he actually agreed or not.

I agree wholeheartedly that we have the same interests at heart and for the better good of this topic I wont ever mention his black hard working fingernails ever again.

Just wanted to say that, with regard to consultations and anglers having their say, first of all anglers have to agree on what it is they want. You would think that the majority of anglers would see these MCZ and MPA proposals as the threat that they are, but there are still a few who see them as opportunities. The ones to worry about, rather than those who just haven't seen what's been happening over the last few years, are those who have argued and campaigned for various restrictions and bans for years - and can't let it go. They see this as the culmination of all their hard work and will do whatever they can to 'out say' the average angler who just wants to be left alone to go fishing - unrestricted. Unsurprisingly, it ios these people who do minimal fishing, or only fish abroad nowdays, so will be affected the least by the imposition of their own misguided ideals.

It is going to be hard enough sea anglers fighting the powers that be to retain their right to fish unrestricted, but we have traitors within our own camp who will have to be dealt with too. Which is going to make things harder than they should be.

What are the angling trust doing to help us in our fight? From what I'm hearing, bugger all, as expected. Still, looking at some of the press releases they've issued lately, we could get lucky and see them react with 'dismay' to any restrictions that may e forced upon us. I'm quickly losing patience with the Angling Trust. So many promises, so little delivered.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge

I can understand the frustrations of the majority of RSA on the points stated i.e. would like to be just left alone to do what they have always done in regards to there hobby.

That’s all well and good, but would these same anglers (who want to be left alone to do what they do) be prepared to just do that and let the powers that be and the commercial fishermen do what they have done for years?

Regards.

I can understand the frustrations of the majority of RSA on the points stated i.e. would like to be just left alone to do what they have always done in regards to there hobby.

That’s all well and good, but would these same anglers (who want to be left alone to do what they do) be prepared to just do that and let the powers that be and the commercial fishermen do what they have done for years?

Regards.

I think that anyone who has learnt anything at all by the last few years developments would, Challenge. Along with the silent masses who never knew of, or wanted, any change in the first place.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
I think that anyone who has learnt anything at all by the last few years developments would, Challenge. Along with the silent masses who never knew of, or wanted, any change in the first place.

I believe Steve, that you have given a very genuine reply.

Regards.

Regards.

What pillage the sea the damage done over the last 30 years will take decades to repair not only cod but whiting ,haddock and just about every species which swims in the north sea has been litterally brought to its knees.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge

So I take it that you wouldn’t be prepared to let the powers that be and commercial fishermen get on with things then Paul if the powers that be left recreational anglers alone?

Regards.

We pay the 'powers that be' their wages.

I am surprised that you have overlooked that minor point, Challenge.

PS. Barry Luxton and Glenn, you need your heads banging together. You've both got some bloody good points to make. Instead of tearing strips off of each other, email the AT and tell them what you expect.

Edited by Sharkbyte