THE ANGLING TRUST

watatoad

I hope so too but as with most organisations of most interests there is always a high proportion of apathetic people. A prime example is a club with lets say 300 members and the same 5 people turn up for the work party. If only more of the remaining 295 turned up they would find out that it wasn't hard work after all but a very enjoyable, worthwhile and educational few hours. Within this forum it is most likely there are no apathetic people because we love what we do and are proactive but how do you get a message across to those who want someone else to do things for them and then turn up at the river and whine because the swim has not been cut out for them?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but how do you get a message across to those who want someone else to do things for them and then turn up at the river and whine because the swim has not been cut out for them?

Or worse still: you turn up to a well publicised work party at a club lake and people moan because you are disturbing their fishing and then moan next week at the weed problem (or whatever) you were trying to sort out...Sheesh!!

Sleeping we image what awake we wish;

Dogs dream of bones, and fishermen of fish.

If the Trust had been set up as an 'umbrella' organisation that would bring the various angling bodies together then I might have accepted it. But to try and have all angling under one roof is I believe an impossibility.

Despite what some of the advisers say, it is a self elected, limited company, with no remit from those that it claims to represent. It has/had very little idea of what it wants to do, and is being guided by the very few, who assume they know the needs of the many, better than they do themselves. Typical of the 'nanny state' we hear so much of, "trust us, we know what's best for you".

You only have to look on the AT forum to see that.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Budgie, how can someone claim to represent the posters on internet forums when they are written off as 'not being representative of opinion'?

I've received a couple of newsletters from the AT via Facebook, and really think they're struggling, having had to reorganise ('downsize') already to cut their overheads and appealed for volunteers to take their place. I haven't noticed hordes beating their way to the AT's door.

Perhaps it's time for them to put their case for their existence properly to the public rather thaneither appealing to emotion or alienating people then asking for their money.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Budgie, how can someone claim to represent the posters on internet forums when they are written off as 'not being representative of opinion'?

:D Yes Im not likely to forget that statement from them Alan as it was that what gave birth to my signature!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!