Best Place To Buy A Wii?

Elton

I see from another thread that there are a the 'fors' and 'againsts' here, but I've decided that I want a Wii.

I'm not entirely sure what package I need, though. I went to Toys R Us, PC World and a couple of supermarkets yesterday, hung around the area where they flog these £200 pieces of merchandise and didn't get asked once if I needed any help, so balls to buying from a shop. I'll stick to online, where you get more information and, maybe, a cheaper price.

Does anyone know if there are any good deals currently available? If so, please post a link.

I'd like the Fit thingy, but it's not a deal-breaker. I can always get that later.

What I don't want to do is buy a package and find it doesn't have enough controllers and bits in for me to play games with the kids, so that's more important. I've seen all sorts of bits and pieces available, but have no idea what they actually are. Closest I've come to a Wii before is watching someone else play on one at a party once.

Any help appreciated.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try the shop GAME which you may or may not have in your local highstreet.

they usually have a system where you can tweak your package:)

the wii fit board is good fun and when your 33 and it gives you a wii fit age of 20 it will make you feel well chuffed!!!

just trying to get my sensor working from a greater distance at the mo but its better than it was:)

try and get more than one remote as you get one as standard and these cost around 38squids a piece:)

and make sure its the slot in cd version(which it should be )

good luck

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Sorry Billy, I stuck my response on your post by mistake.

I bought my daughters here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-S...6291&sr=8-1

I also bought this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mario-Kart-Wii-Whe...6291&sr=8-5

To play against my daughter though I had to buy a separate controller and seperate wheel, both from Amazon.

We had a blast over Christmas, no problems whatever

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

the sports kit you can buy from asda from around £5

but my kit seems to have been ment for the earlier wii as the infra red doesnt work right as it cannot see through the ad on!

afew drill holes here and there and the tennis racket works ok:(

otherwise its screwing the tip on at the moment of play!?

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Cheers, guys. Having been playing Mario Kart on the DS this past week (says me, who NEVER plays games.....until now), I'd say that Mario Kart for the Wii is pretty essential now, too :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Playing Mario Kart on the Wii is best done with two Wii Remotes (hand controllers). The Wii only comes with one remote and one "nunchuck" (a smaller hand controller for the other hand, not often needed).

Extras like steering wheels and fishing rods are usually just holders for the Wii remote.

Mario Kart (a great game) usually comes with one steering wheel and you can pick up another off Ebay for a fiver.

Wii fit and Wii fit plus require a balance board, which is quite dear compared to other bits and pieces as it is a controller in its own right and it's quite a hefty piece of kit.

The Wii is also improved a lot if you have a wireless internet router.*

If you buy a Wii second hand, make sure it comes with all the cables and the infra red sensor bar that sits on top of the TV! Unfortunately the Wii doesn't have a HDMI output connector (although mine is quite old) so you also need your TV to have the three phono type inputs for AV, although I think you can get scart converters.

*Having thought about that for a minute, it might not even work without internet connection as the first thing it does when you put any new game disc in is try a software update (which do nothing apart from preventing you using the latest game copying tricks!)

Edited by ColinW

it worked ok without software updating at chesters so it should be fine and the new wii comes with scart convertor so you can plug your phonos in and fly

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

I see from another thread that there are a the 'fors' and 'againsts' here, but I've decided that I want a Wii.

:P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I got our wii from amazon as that was the best price and deal I could see. We also got the wii fit (the wii fit plus I think is the latest version), and we needed to get a second controller. It all adds up as the wii now comes with super duper controllers which means you have to buy the slightly more expensive ones to match it with - but they do have a better motion sensor in and they vibrate in your hand during game play.

Rob.