SAA Press Release - Sleeping

Elton

Press release regarding sleeping whilst fishing added here .

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan,

People will always say that but with respect it's a just a different style of fishing. Arguably someone night fishing, asleep, with rods on alarms has a lot more control than an angler fishing a float and a leger rod at the same time. You will also find that the term sleeping is a bit of a generalisation as you don't sleep in the same way you sleep in a bed at home. Anyway the bottom line is that the EA fully endorse the practice as being OK, and the club in question has decided to add a little more, common sense rule into their rule books.

Rob.

As a long standing member of P.A.A.S. I have been on the recieveing end of some off their loony rules and lack of understanding of mordern day carping. One angler is found `drunk in charge of a rod` and it`s no alcohol at all. I`m t.t. so no odds to me. Nice to see them eat the pie although I understand them not wanting to loose waters on account of one mans actions.

OP-JB

ALAN FAWCETT:

Sorry fellas but i still say if you're going to go to sleep then you should wind your rods in.

Yes Alan, as an angler, with a tendency to 'purist' ideals, I believe that you are totally right, but only to a point.

On private, still waters, where control is deemed to be with the owners, and where the tackle & prey is suited to that style of angling, then I accept that some folk may wish to fish whilst asleep. Its their loss but that is their decision. I would support their right to fish as their 'rules' dictate.

On 'wild' waters, where there is no effective control, where fish and conditions may not be suited to these techniques, then I am totally opposed to sleeping whilst angling.

But where rivers are concerned, I am completely at one with you on this matter. The situation, as is, appears to be one of the still water faction, once again, forcing their agenda onto angling in general. Irrespective of the ill effect that it might have.

quote:

...advised that anglers can sleep whilst fishing.

The key principles they will enforce are;

· No angler must have their bivvy door closed

· No angler must have their sleeping bag zipped up

Providing these two key points are adhered to we understand fishing whilst asleep is allowed.

Good call! I Think those rules should be imposed every where, I can never undo zips when i'm p..Drunk :D

Bretty

quote:

But where rivers are concerned, I am completely at one with you on this matter. The situation, as is, appears to be one of the still water faction, once again, forcing their agenda onto angling in general. Irrespective of the ill effect that it might have.[/QB]

Peter,

Who's trying to force what agenda onto angling in general ? This is a specific issue and as this clearly illustrates the ownus is on the club to make their own subset of rules. So if a club wants to ban sleeping, night fishing or whatever that is entirely their perogative. This issue was merely trying to correct a perception or missinterpretation of the EA byelaws and it has done just that. So I would call this a victory for common sense.

Rob.

Hiya everyone,

surely this is as, has already been said it`s down to the club to make rules that they feel are for the benifit of the members.

I sleep whilst night fishing but I realy am a light sleeper,and within 10secs can be on my rods, fully awake and alert.

An example of how light a sleeper I am,on the back of our house we have a passive security light,inside these lights is a relay,relays click, only quitely but this awakens me.

Whilst night fishing,I personally don`t close my bivvy door,or zip up my sleeping bag.That way I can look out over the lake for crashing fish,or at the single bleep from my alarms, see straight away which it is thats gone off, and if it`s a drop back or a line taker.

If, as a member of a club that forbade sleeping, then I would have to abide by thier rules and stay awake,or remove my baited lines from the water.

:):):):)

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"