new stove

peterpikefisher

i see asda are doing the old favorite gas stove in a plastic case for £10.

and the gas canisters to go with it 2 packs (4 in a pack) for £10.. not a bad deal considering that most tackle/camping shops are selling just the stove for £15 to £19.99

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

be careful there's been reports of some catching fire when the seals get worn on a brit camping forum ,they seemed OK at first but now China has flooded the world with clones some of-course of a less quality than others .And for what in reality is a single burner very large for what it does! ,i loved my ACE burner that ran on whats now obsolete GT106 cartridges ,packed away very small

better of sticking with tried and tested coleman dual fuels IMHO or camping Gaz or coleman gas single burners.

generally chinese goods usually means the packaging costs more than the contents

they are though very popular (not sure why) i see them often around the pond .

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I bought one of these. Horrendously expensive @ £65.00 but the value (to me) is in its compact nature and robust construction. The heat shield looks cheap and nasty but is very effective and folds down well, burner performance is bloody good too.

The last photo of burner in its bag includes the gas canister (but not the mess tin).

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I can vouch for the cooking ability of Rustys stove ,Boils water very quickly to in fact its the dogs danglers of micro stoves .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

be careful there's been reports of some catching fire when the seals get worn on a brit camping forum ,they seemed OK at first but now China has flooded the world with clones some of-course of a less quality than others .And for what in reality is a single burner very large for what it does! ,i loved my ACE burner that ran on whats now obsolete GT106 cartridges ,packed away very small

better of sticking with tried and tested coleman dual fuels IMHO or camping Gaz or coleman gas single burners.

generally chinese goods usually means the packaging costs more than the contents

they are though very popular (not sure why) i see them often around the pond .

had the camping gaz 1 about 6 years ago the Fokker exploded after it was shut down and the cylinder detached

luckily i was about 20 feet away when it went bang , all i got was the offer of a replacement ,and absolutely no explanation after it was sent for examination

of why it blew up so i dont use campnig gaz no more there over priced as are there gas cartridges

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

My choice is either an SVEA 123 or an Optimus 8r both are self pressurising petrol stoves simple to use cheap to run and very reliable

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

All those stoves are expensive compared to the ones sold in Go outdoors. I got one identical to the MSR pocket rocket from there for less than a tenner and they supply the gas cannisters for about 3 nicker which do seem to last very well. I've used petrol stoves before but I just don't trust them, one blew up once while I was using it which was pretty hair raising. I think petrols just to flammable and I hate messing around filling up the stoves. I much prefer the ease and safety of a ready filled cannister....getting old I guess :lol:

All those stoves are expensive compared to the ones sold in Go outdoors. I got one identical to the MSR pocket rocket from there for less than a tenner and they supply the gas cannisters for about 3 nicker which do seem to last very well. I've used petrol stoves before but I just don't trust them, one blew up once while I was using it which was pretty hair raising. I think petrols just to flammable and I hate messing around filling up the stoves. I much prefer the ease and safety of a ready filled cannister....getting old I guess :lol:

if you use petrol now you'll be paying a years worth of fishing in 1 liter of fuel hahahaha :lol: i think you made a good move in no petrol heaters as £1.20+ is to extreame...