Tough on young'uns

kev7dags

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has taken their little'un fishing to a commercial fishery? The reason I ask is that I asked my local fishery if I could bring my five year old for a quick 1/2 to 1 hour session(attention span not much more). I was told that I would still have to pay full juniors price for him. Needless to say I was a little reluctant to do this and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Cheers Kev

yup took a m8s son with me to a small fishery, and it cost him £5 squids to get in, and this was in winter too so it was very cold, but he still managed to catch more fish than me, but then again i got a nice sized chub, of around 8lb me thinks, so not too bad, but as i am a carp angler just caught it and didnt know it was near a record. lol. ah well, all fisheries are hard going these days unless they are owned by oler nicer people! :)

Take a little looky at my forum:

http://carperss.proboards36.com/

I regularly take two daughters fishing, but I never have more than four rods out. The Baliff always lets me off paying for either of them, even though I tell him that one really is fishing by herself, while the other is helping me. I guess it's just down to how kind the Baliff is at your fishery. I wouldn't grumble, though: how many other things could you do to keep a child happy for a day, for five quid?

[ 16. May 2004, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Pangolin ]

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Usualy when I take a youngster for the first time I dont actually fish myself.I just sit right next to them and help them to fish.I have had several day ticket fisheries charge both myself and the youngster.This despite just the one rod being used and the situation explained.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'd go with the club option too under 12's get free membership here and teach in's with free bait and tackle supplied in the summer. Most clubs have a carp puddle or two now. If the bubble ever bursts on the Commercial fisheries gravy train will will all be going back to the old style fishing club.....If they are still around.

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

The club which owns a stretch of the river behind my house has madea £5 visitors fee, but if I want to take a guest to the carp lake I can for free and I do, to try and get more people my age and younger interested.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

I've taken the lad to a couple of commercials - neither had reduced prices for kids, though I did sweet talk one owner into letting me off a couple of quid. That said, he's caught plenty of fish at these venues and it's perked his interest. I've also signed him up for the BAA (for a pound!) so come next season we'll be trying a few rivers...

Regards,

Del

Obviously joining a club is cheaper.But the situation I refered to is quite common.Most of the clubs/syndicates I belong to do not allow you to take guests so the day ticket option is the only one when you are taking a novice (be it a youngster or not)for their first few trips.

Also the commercial type vennues are due to the ease of catching well suited to instructing people.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!